The Senior Program
The Senior Program is the culminating intellectual experience at Hamilton, in which the knowledge, language skills and insights gained in the first three years are combined and integrated. The centerpiece of the Senior Program is the senior project; majors work independently, with the close guidance of at least two faculty members, to produce and present a final, focused work of scholarship.
Recent projects in Asian studies include:
- Orientalism in Historiography on the Period of Ideological Transition in China: 1890-1920
- The Tibetans will Live Happily in the Great Land of Tibet
- An Examination of the Government-Business Relationship in Japan since the Meiji Restoration
- Examining the Power Dynamics of a Patriarchal System in Imperial China
- Red Capitalism: Determinants of Firm Success without Political Connections in China’s Private Sector