Pre-Concentration Advisor Handbook

Transfer and International Baccalaureate Credit

Transfer CreditT

Rules for transfer credit for previously taken courses: 

  • College-level courses taught in high schools are not eligible for transfer even if taught by a university-approved instructor or visiting professor. These courses may serve as prerequisites for some Hamilton College courses. Check with department chairs for guidance.
  • Courses taught on a college campus with mostly college students enrolled (in other words, it cannot be a course taught primarily for high school students) may be eligible for transfer. Students must formally petition for transfer credit. Refer them to Kay Klossner (ext. 4635, kklossne) in the Registrar’s office.


International Baccalaureate and A-Levels

Questions about receiving credit for International Baccalaureate or A-level work should be referred to the Registrar’s Office.