Your Reunion Committee has been meeting monthly for the last several months via conference calls with two wonderful young women from the College. We are putting together a few fun, yet meaningful, options for Reunion Weekend June 5-8, 2014. It’s our 55th- hard to believe but true!
The "happy observance of reunion," as we say, is a thoughtful balance of the social, intellectual and philanthropic aspects of our time together. Our class committee is striving to offer unforgettable opportunities to reconnect with each other, Alumni College presentations that stimulate thought and conversation, and -- not least of all -- a meaningful gift to the College that captures our respect and admiration for our alma mater.
Alumni support of teaching and learning through the Annual Fund continues to be critical for the College, and the following hallmarks of a Hamilton education form the framework for our giving to the College this year:
• Seventy percent of gifts will help the College attract the best possible students without regard to financial circumstances, and minimize their debt after four years.
• Twenty percent will fund resources enabling students to find a satisfying post-Hamilton path — work, service, further study — often by engaging our worldwide alumni network.
• Ten percent will support elements of Hamilton’s nationally recognized speaking-and-writing-intensive curriculum — forging independent thinkers who communicate their bold ideas persuasively.
70 - 20 - 10. That’s the College’s combination. Please give now and unlock success for today's Hamiltonians.
Please watch for more news about Reunions ’14. The more of us who are there, the better it will be -- and it wouldn't be the same without you. We look forward to seeing YOU!
L. Ronald French Hans J. Solmssen
My Hamilton allows alumni, parents, students, faculty and staff to connect and interact easily online.
• CONNECT your LinkedIn or Facebook accounts to update your profile automatically and showcase the Hamilton groups/pages with which you connect.
• JOIN the growing Hamilton Career Network — or sign up for other volunteer roles — by indicating in your profile ways you’d like to help.
• CUSTOMIZE with modules that feature upcoming Hamilton events in your area, College news, your volunteer engagement or even the weather in Clinton.
• CHOOSE the information you’d like to share and hide any items that you prefer to keep private.