Dear Class of ’84,
It’s hard to imagine that we will celebrate our 30th Reunion in June! We hope you are all planning to return to the Hill for a great weekend of fun and reconnection with old friends. For those of you who haven’t been back to campus in a while, you are in for a huge surprise. There are new, beautiful buildings that have changed the face of the College, but the essence of Hamilton that we all love so much is the same. We hope you’ll plan to make the trip for June 5-8.
The Class of 1984 stands apart from all others because of our lively personalities, diverse talents, and personal and professional accomplishments. As such, our reunion committee has challenged our class distinguish itself once again by reaching the following goals:
1. We hope to see ’84s achieve the highest reunion attendance EVER. At our last reunion, 103 of us returned to the Hill. Let’s top that number! The Alumni Office has created an incentive to help us reach our goal. If 110 Class of ’84 alumni register and return for Reunion, they will raffle off a “back-to-school” mini-vacation on campus, complete with meals, activities, pub tickets and a designated parking spot for the weekend (details at the end of this letter).
2. In honor of our 30th, the planning committee has created a special giving opportunity in support of Hamilton’s commitment to attract the best possible students regardless of ability to pay tuition. About 50 percent of the entering Class of 2018 — some 235 students — will receive financial assistance from the College next year. We hope to raise $500,000 for the Annual Fund this year, which would be the equivalent of $1,984 in the aid package of each of those students. This goal amount represents a 30 percent increase over our 2012-13 gift to Hamilton. We want to put the full resources of our class behind this worthwhile effort and be able to say that we are “giving our class year” in financial assistance to so many deserving students. So your donation this year is doubly important.
3. Our final reunion goal is to honor and celebrate each other during the weekend itself at a Celebrating Success Reception. Please let us know if you can suggest the name of a classmate you would like to see recognized — whether for his or her professional success, impact on society, or a special personal achievement. All those nominated will be offered the chance to speak about their particular accomplishment. We think this will be a wonderful way to tie classmates and the College together again.
Check the Hamilton website for updated Reunions ’14 information, including registration, and let any of us on the committee know if you have questions or comments about our 30th.
See you in June!
Kathy O’Connor Stewart
This beautiful Clinton Pottery mug will include "Hamilton Class of 1984" inscribed on the bottom. Cost is $25 for pick up during reunion (or add $6.95 shipping to have your mug delivered to you.)
NOTE: Our mug order is in the events system so please ignore superfluous information about guests, etc. Additionally, you may order multiple mugs by registering "guests". If you find this too confusing or are having trouble, contact the Office of Alumni Relations, 866-729-0314, and we will place your mug order.
My Hamilton allows alumni, parents, students, faculty and staff to connect and interact easily online.
• CONNECT your LinkedIn or Facebook accounts to update your profile automatically and showcase the Hamilton groups/pages with which you connect.
• JOIN the growing Hamilton Career Network — or sign up for other volunteer roles — by indicating in your profile ways you’d like to help.
• CUSTOMIZE with modules that feature upcoming Hamilton events in your area, College news, your volunteer engagement or even the weather in Clinton.
• CHOOSE the information you’d like to share and hide any items that you prefer to keep private.