Financial Aid


Office of Financial Aid
315-859-4962 (fax)

Filing a Tax Extension

Submit a copy of your completed IRS Form 4868  “Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return” that has been filed with the IRS.  If you requested an additional extension beyond the automatic six-month extension, you must submit a copy of the IRS’s approval.  If you are a first-time financial aid applicant filing an extension, please submit a complete copy of your previous federal income tax return.

If either parent is self-employed, a signed statement certifying the amount of the adjusted gross income (AGI) and the U.S. income tax paid for the current year must be submitted. 

In addition, all materials listed on the student’s online financial aid checklist should be sent to the Financial Aid Office except the current year federal income tax return and state income tax return (for NYS residents only).  

As soon as the current year federal and state income tax returns become available, they should be sent to the Financial Aid Office.

Please include the name of the student on all application materials. Documents can be sent via fax to 315-859-4962 or as a scanned PDF file to finaid@hamilton.edu. We cannot accept other file formats.