Hamilton is one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. It is independent, highly selective, coeducational and residential. Originally founded in 1793 as the Hamilton-Oneida Academy, Hamilton is today composed of 1,850 diverse and talented students from nearly all of the 50 states and approximately 40 countries. More information can be found at www.hamilton.edu/about.
The Ruth and Elmer Wellin Museum of Art at Hamilton College is seeking a skilled Collections and Exhibitions Specialist to join its team and be part of its exciting program. The 30,537-square-foot museum puts object-based learning at the fore and promotes interdisciplinary research and the cross-fertilization of concepts and ideas vital to a liberal arts education. The museum also emphasizes the study of contemporary art, inviting emerging and established artists to develop projects specifically for the museum. More information can be found at http://www.hamilton.edu/wellin
The Collections and Exhibitions Specialist works closely with the museum staff on collection management, planning and production of museum exhibits, and supporting access to the art collection.
• Responsible for the registration of collection items
• Responsible for managing extended loans to the Museum and for monitoring works from the collection installed on campus
• Responsible for the care and maintenance of the museum collection
• Works with the curator to develop collection management policies
• Prepares and manages incoming and outgoing loan agreements with museums, galleries and private collectors
• Coordinates all aspects of the receipt and dispersal of incoming and outgoing artwork
• Schedules and supervises classes held in the seminar rooms
• Works with the Building Manager/Preparator to monitor the condition of collection items on exhibit and the environmental conditions of the exhibits
• Works with the Programming and Outreach Coordinator to organize workshops, tours or other educational programs that require access to the art collection and exhibitions
• Performs other tasks as required
Please click here for complete job description.
MA in Museum Studies, Art History or related field and museum curatorial and/or registration experience or 5 years museum curatorial and/or registration experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Please review Hamilton's Benefits Summary for more information.
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.Posted 06/27/2014