40C84CDC-F167-A42A-71EE0001C59A1649
CE5438E0-BD36-1651-BF4D78FA8858E270

Hamilton College Library
315-859-4479

 

Libraries, Staff, Hours . . .

Environmental Sustainability

The Hamilton College Library is committed to supporting the environmental sustainability goals of the college.

 

Reduce

  • The Library rolled out a new "leave no trace" campaign in Fall 2008 to combat food waste left throughout the building.
  • The Library continues to reduce the number of printed materials received, and is committed to providing more access to electronic resources.
  • Lights are turned off in the building nights and weekends when the library is closed. Patrons receive the majority of notices, such as overdues, via email, rather than print mail.

 

Refuse

  • Due in part to copyright restrictions, Circulation will no longer photocopies of reserves and is working with ITS to investigate using departmental copiers as scanners, thus eliminating paper copies altogether.

 

Recycle

  • Recycling bins, for the correct disposal of paper, plastic, glass and returnables, are located throughout the library, including public areas, staff offices and lounges.
  • Recycled paper and toner is used in all the library printers. The Library led the way in offering double-sided printing, and now all library printers default to duplex printing.
  • Instead of sending them to a landfill, the Library recently donated almost 15,000 volumes of periodicals to Bridge to Asia (http://www.bridge.org/), a nonprofit organization that supplies donated books and journals to universities in China.
  • Library Scrap paper is made from cast off pieces from the College Print Shop.

Directions


View Larger Map

The library is located next to Siuda House, home to Hamilton College's Admission & Financial Aid Office. For directions to the library with GPS devices and mapping services such as MapQuest or Google Maps please enter 3915 Campus Road, Clinton, NY 13323.

Public parking is available in the visitor lot between the Anderson-Connell Alumni Center and Emerson Hall on the south side of College Hill Road (see campus map).

Cupola