June 4, 2014
Burke Library staff have been active members of the Minor Theatre Festival, with the culmination this weekend during Reunions. Please visit us to see the exhibit honoring the history of Minor as a theatre, from 1964 to 2014, including show posters, masks, photographs, the Golden Hammer award, and other memorabilia.
Large posters hanging over the first floor show the history of the building as well. Originally built in 1872, the building served as the Percy Hiram Smith Library until 1924. From 1924 to 1959, it housed the campus infirmary and guest dormitory space. In 1964, a new theatre, named after Clark H Minor, class of 1902, was established, running productions until this coming weekend. Shortly after Reunion Weekend, construction will begin on making this historic building a new residence hall.