For more helpful information on planning for the upcoming year, visit our webpage for First-Year Parents and Families.
Information for Parents
Important 1098-T Information
Hamilton College issues the 1098-T form to students for tax reporting purposes. This form will be mailed to the student's primary mailing address by January 31. It is not available online.
Please note: if your student graduated in Spring 2016, he/she will not receive a 1098-T form. Hamilton reports tuition according to the year when it is billed, not paid. (i.e. Spring term 2016 was billed in Nov. 2015).
Electronic Tuition Statement
First-year students will receive a paper bill in July. After that time, tuition bills will be available exclusively online each month.
You must sign up to receive your electronic tuition statement. Visit the View/Pay Tuition page by July 1 to enroll. Students must sign up first. Once enrolled, the student must follow the instructions to set up his or her parents.
Please note that this statement is a snapshot in time. An email will be sent each month to both the student and the authorized payer when an updated statement is ready to view.
|Student Charges||Per Semester||Per Year|
|Board (21 meal plan)||$2,950||$5,900|
|Student Activities Fee||$255||$510|
By Mail: Checks should be made payable to Trustees of Hamilton College. Please remit payment to:
PO Box 392023
Pittsburgh, PA 15251-9023
Online Payment: We offer a secure website where payments can be made online. Visit our One-Time Payment page.
Monthly Payment Plan: Hamilton provides you the option to pay your annual tuition, interest free, in 10 payments beginning July 1. This payment plan can be used alone, or combined with financial aid. There is a $45 application fee. Enroll by phone at 800-635-0120 or online at tuitionpaymentplan.com.
Term Billing Dates
- Fall 2016 tuition bills were mailed 7/12/16 with payment due on 8/8/16.
- Spring 2017 tuition bills were available online 12/5/16 with payment due on 1/9/17.
Late Payment Policy
If payment is not received by the due date, a late fee of $100 is assessed.
An additional late fee of $200 will be assessed if the amount due for the semester is not paid by October 1 for the fall semester and March 1 for the spring semester.
Students with unpaid balances will not be able to:
- Pre-register for the next term
- Participate in the housing lottery
- Apply to study abroad programs
- Request or receive transcripts
- Receive degrees/diplomas
Student Health Insurance
Hamilton requires that all students have health insurance coverage.
Students who enroll at Hamilton will be billed an annual premium of $1,677 for the Hamilton College Student Health Insurance Plan unless they submit an online waiver and provide proof of alternate coverage. This waiver must be completed annually.
Please complete the waiver by July 1 to avoid unnecessary charges. To complete a waiver online, visit gallagherstudent.com/hamilton.
We offer a tuition refund plan through A.W.G. Dewar, Inc. This plan is designed to protect you from the loss of tuition, room and board should you find it necessary to withdraw from the College because of illness, accident, or other medical reasons.
The premium for 2016-17 is $446 per year. To enroll, call 617-774-1555 or visit collegerefund.com.
Students who plan to work on campus will need to complete the required forms.
- Employment Authorization Form
- W-4 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate (Federal)
- IT-2104 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate (New York State) Required in order to work in New York State
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification: You must fully complete Section 1 including your signature and the date. The form must be signed and dated no later than the day you begin work. You must present original documents for proof of identity and eligibility to work. Click here for a list of acceptable documents. If you plan to work on campus, be sure to bring original documents with you.
- Direct Deposit Authorization
For more information, visit the Student Employment website.