Administrative Job Opportunities
Associate General Director, Associated Colleges in China (ACC)
Hamilton is one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. It is independent, highly selective, coeducational and residential. Originally founded in 1793 as the Hamilton-Oneida Academy, Hamilton is today composed of 1,850 diverse and talented students from nearly all of the 50 states and approximately 40 countries. More information can be found at www.hamilton.edu/about.
The Associated Colleges in China program at Hamilton is looking for an Associate General Director to work in the headquarters of ACC at Hamilton College. This position assumes a broad range of administrative responsibilities related to the ACC programs in terms of program supervision and administration, program publicity and recruitment, key personnel appointment, curriculum development, teacher development, grant administration and financial reports, and logistics.
- Communication and public relations: Communicate with member institutions to recruit teachers and students; communicate with the field regarding the 4 programs of ACC in terms of program models, students’ learning outcomes, and program achievements.
- Admission: Establish admission guidelines and program materials for all related ACC programs and supervise the admission process of all programs;
- Pre-departure orientation and preparation: Edit and revise student handbooks for each program; conduct pre-departure orientations, and set up the programs with the host institution regarding housing/dorm, classrooms and office arrangements.
- ACC teacher recruitment and promotion in Beijing: Communicate with the Field Director (FD) to discuss the number of new hires, credentials and quality of new hires, and procedures of promotion for the year.
- Curricular design and revision: Revise ACC program objectives, course objectives and curricular structures; create new approaches to 4 types of ACC instruction; re-examine classroom interaction and assessment tools and rubrics; review entrance and exit examinations, program evaluation and surveys.
- Communication with the Beijing FD and Beijing office: Work with the FD in Beijing closely on program operation, instructional implementation, teacher development, student counseling, and program assessment to ensure the continuity and quality of the full year program.
- Oversight of the program budget and financial reports.
- Liaison to the host institution: Negotiate annual tuition & fees, fees for dorm rental, office rental and classroom rental.
- Administrative supervision and support: work with the administrators on ACC-related programs and projects.
- Liaison to the ACC Advisory Board: Organize annual Advisory Board meeting; set the meeting agenda; prepare all meeting materials and annual report.
- Hamilton College contact person: report to the dean and request the budget and personnel.
This position requires an ABD, PhD or MA in the fields of Chinese as a foreign language; at least three years of teaching and administrative experience, study abroad program directing experience is highly desirable. In addition to teaching and administrative skills, individuals must possess leadership, administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills, fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese, and the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of constituencies.
Please review Hamilton's Benefits Summary for more information.
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.Posted 11/27/2012