Audiovisual Services (AV)
The Audiovisual Services Team is located in Burke Library, Room 363 (within the 3rd floor office suite).
Multimedia Systems Technician 315-859-4793
Multimedia Systems Technician 315-859-4076
Multimedia Technician 315-859-4231
Multimedia Technician- Maintenance 315-859-4049
- Academic presentation support (sound reinforcement and data projection)
- Video recording or streaming of academic events (e.g. performances, lectures, and sporting events)
- Maintenance and support of technology enhanced (TE) classrooms
- Loaning of various types of audiovisual equipment to Faculty and Staff for academic and College business purposes
- Production work including duplications and editing
- Delivery of Mobile Video Conferencing Carts in Spencer House, Kirner-Johnson, Burke Library and the Taylor Science Center
To schedule Audiovisual services, use the Events Calendar, if applicable. In the Resources section of the Creating Event screen please choose the resource "AV- Request for support," then write the details of your needs in the Event Comments box. (Tip- Once "AV-Request for support" shows up on the right under Selected Resources, click on the little star to add this resource to Your Starred Resources. That way it will be easier to find for future requests.) If the Events Calendar is not appropriate for your situation, or to request equipment loans, please contact the AVS Coordinator at 315-859-4120 or firstname.lastname@example.org. When possible services should be requested by Wednesday of the week prior to the date they are needed (For example, if support is needed on a Saturday (Jul 14), the request should be made by the Wednesday (Jul 4) of the prior week not the Wednesday (Jul 11) just before the event date). This will insure equipment and staff availability.
For more information about Audiovisual Classroom or Event Support Services, please contact the AVS Office, 315-859-4120.
To show your class a DVD or videotape* from Burke Library you must check out the movie and show it yourself. Email email@example.com or call 315-859-4479 for information about the media collection and borrowing items.
In virtually all classrooms, the AV equipment is operated via a touchscreen control. If you are unfamiliar with the equipment, contact AV Services (x4120) to schedule a system tutorial in your classroom.
Audiovisual Services will provide a projectionist if the media item is a 16mm film. To request a projectionist, e-mail or call (x4120) the Audiovisual Services Coordinator.
*If you are showing a VHS tape please contact Claire Skjellerup to see if the title can be obtained on DVD. For more information regarding VHS tape playback on campus please see this LITS Newsletter article.
The following types of equipment are available for Faculty and Staff to borrow with advance notice. AVS does not loan equipment to students. Any equipment needed in the course of academic research projects should be requested and signed out by the Faculty member.
- Digital Audio Recorder
- Data Projector
- Portable Projection Screen
- Easel with paper pad, (requestor is responsible for providing markers)
- Laser Pointer
- Slide advancing remote control (Kensington)
- Various cables and adapters*
*Please note that if you require a specific cable or adapter for longer than 2 weeks, your department should purchase one for your use. AVS will be happy to recommend a source for purchasing the cables.