Creating an Apple ID
An Apple ID is a username and password that will allow you to connect to and use many of Apple's products, such as iTunes, iCloud, and many other apps. You can create your Apple ID on a computer or on your iPad.
Creating an Apple ID on the Computer
Creating an Apple ID through the computer is quicker and simpler. Just follow these steps:
- Go to the Apple website (www.apple.com) and type in “My Apple ID” into the search bar.
- Click the Learn More link on the My Apple ID result.
- Click the blue Create an Apple ID button.
- Fill out the required personal information. Then check the box towards the bottom to agree to Apple's terms of service and click on Create Apple ID.
- Now check the email account you provided for a verification email. Open the verification email and click on the Verify Now link. The link will take you to a secure page where you must enter your Apple ID and password to complete the verification.
Creating an Apple ID with iPad
If you clicked on Create a new Apple ID during Step 10 of the iPad set up, you may skip to Step 4 of Creating an Apple ID on the iPad. If you are creating an Apple ID after the set up, start on Step 1.
|1. Select Settings on the Home Screen and then select Store.|
|2. Select Sign In (or Sign Out if another Apple ID is logged on).|
|3. A prompt should appear, select Create New Apple ID.|
|4. Click Store, then select the country. Select Done to confirm your selection and then click Next.|
|5. The iTunes Store Terms and Conditions will show up next. Select Agree at the bottom-right of the page. Select Agree again when the confirmation appears.|
|6. After agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, you will need to enter an some personal information. The email address you provide is your new Apple ID (which is what you use to login to the iTunes Store). We recommend to unsubscribe from the iTune's and Apple's email lists. Once all the information has been put in, click Next which is located after scrolling down through the entire New Account form. (Notice: If you are trying to create an account with an email address that is already in use for an Apple ID, you will receive a prompt that your email address is already an Apple ID. Just select Continue, then select Use Existing Account on the following screen.)|
|7. You are now required to enter your billing information. You will not be charged until you make a purchase. You are also not required to make a purchase. Once completed, select Next.|
|8. Now you must verify your email address. Select Done and check your email for a verification email from Apple. If you haven't set up your E-mail yet, visit the Configuring my Mobile Device for HillConnect E-mail page to learn how.|
Once you have verified your email account, your Apple ID will be active and ready to use.