Secure Wireless Setup for Mac OS 10.7.X - 10.10.X
NOTE: If you are following these directions from an off-campus location, please go through these step-by-step instructions until you come to the STOP sign. You cannot complete the steps that follow it until you arrive on campus. When you do arrive, you may complete the final steps to connect to our secure wireless network. Please disregard the STOP sign if you are configuring your wireless connection on campus.
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper-left-hand corner and select System Preferences.
- Select the Network Control Panel.
- Select Wi-Fi. (NOTE: If the padlock in the lower left corner is locked, please click to unlock it before proceeding.)
- Select Edit Locations under the Location pull-down menu.
- Click the Plus icon in the lower-left-hand corner.
- Replace "Untitled" with Hamilton.
- Click Done.
NOTE: When you are on campus, please use the "Hamilton" location; otherwise, select "Automatic" when you are off-campus with your laptop.
- Select Join Other Network... under the Network Name pull-down menu.
- Configure the Find and Join a Wi-Fi Network window in the following way:
- Type aps-hamilton in the Network Name field.
- Select WPA2 Enterprise in the Security pull-down menu.
- Leave the default Mode to Automatic. (Only for Mac OS X 10.7.X)
- Enter your Hamilton Username (e.g. helpdesk) and Password in the appropriate fields.
- The Remember this network checkbox should be checked.
- Click Join.
NOTE: If you are pre-configuring your laptop at home for the Hamilton wireless network, please click the Apply button and close System Preferences.
If you are on campus, turn on your computer and continue at step 10. You should then be prompted to verify the security certificate for our secure network as shown below. In the event you cannot connect to our wireless network while on campus, please contact the Help Desk for assistance at 315-859-4181.
- The Verify Certificate prompt will appear--click Continue.
- A prompt will ask you to enter your password--type in your Computer Username and Password.
- Click Update Settings.
- Click Apply in the lower-right-hand corner of the Network Control Panel.
- Exit System Preferences.
- You are now connected to the secure wireless network.