Secure Wireless Setup - Windows 8
For Personal Computers
1. To begin, right-click on the Wireless icon in the taskbar.
2. Select Open Network and Sharing Center in the menu that pops up.
3. In the Network and Sharing Center, select Set up a new connection or network.
4. Select Manually Connect to a wireless network in the window that appears.
5. In the screen that appears, type aps-hamilton in the Network Name field and select WPA2-Enterprise and AES from the pull-down menus. When finished, left-click the Next button.
6. Ensure the two checkboxes labeled Connect Automatically when the network is in range and Connect even if the network is not broadcasting its name (SSID) are checked.
7.After you see Successfully added aps-hamilton, left-click Change Connection settings.
8. In the Security tab, check Remember my credentials for this connection each time I’m logged in.
9. Click Advanced Settings. Check Specify Authentication Mode. Select User Authenication in the pull-down menu.
10. Click OK and you will be back at the Security tab from Step 8.
11. Click on Settings next to “Microsoft: Protected EAP [PEAP]”.
12.Finish by clicking Configure next to “Secured password [EAP-MSCHAP v2]”Uncheck “Automatically use my Windows logon name and password…” and click OK.
13. Also click OK in all remaining dialogue boxes.
14. Your laptop should now detect and try to connect to the aps-hamilton wifi network. If for some reason it does not, click on the wireless icon in the taskbar. It should now have aps-hamilton present in the list of available wifi networks. Check the box to Connect automatically and click on Connect.
15. You will then be prompted to enter your login credentials (your Hamilton username goes in the first field and your password in the second)
16. Left-click on OK when finished.
17. You should now be connected to the internet.