Housing Lottery Guidebook
Friday, April 8 - Thursday, April 14 at noon, Office of Residential Life
*Note** If you are not signed up by the 14th at noon you will not be allowed to participate in the Blocking Lottery.
Monday, April 18 at 6 p.m. in the Annex
Blocking is a system which allows a number of friends to live together. Many suites from Babbitt and Milbank and most apartments in Morris House will be offered. There will be pulls available in the general lottery for those suites not fitting or not filled by the Blocking lottery. These blocks are available to all students. Lottery numbers of individuals in each group will be averaged with consideration given to class year, thus assigning the group a blocking number. The group with the lowest block number chooses first. Members of those groups not receiving a block will be reinstated into the General Lottery on Sunday, April 24. Any blocks not taken in the Blocking Lottery will be put into the General Lottery as individual rooms, some with pulls.
- Students must sign-up in person with their Hamilton ID and can only sign up for one block.
- If a group member is currently abroad, they need to have an approved proxy attend the blocking lottery on their behalf.
- All blocks accommodate 6 people (four singles and a double in suites or two doubles and two singles in apartments).
- Block groups should arrive at the Annex on Monday, April 18, a few minutes before the lottery starts at 6pm. Only the block leader is required to attend, though other block members are encourage to participate.
- Once a group is formed, the number of members can only be changed up until April 14 at noon. After this deadline no adjustments can be made to the block.
- You may drop out of the blocking lottery at any time, but if one person drops out the entire block is withdrawn from the process.
- Block assignments are final upon completion of the Blocking Lottery. Upon choosing a block, groups may not be reinstated into the General Lottery.
- At the lottery you must indicate who will live in which room. Groups should discuss these plans prior to arriving at the lottery.
- In the event of a vacancy in a block during the academic year, priority to fill the space will not be given to block members.
- Any sign-up forms submitted after the deadline will be accepted. However, the block will be put at the bottom of the list for choosing at the lottery regardless of class year or lottery number.