The mission of the Office of Residential Life is to facilitate the personal, social, and academic growth of students by integrating the goals of liberal education in a community living environment. In order to foster student learning, residence hall living should:
1. Support the educational mission of the college through integration of in-class and out-of-class experiences. Residence halls should be places for people to come together for educational reasons;
2. Provide opportunities for students to learn about themselves and each other in an atmosphere of respect and appreciation of differences;
3. Allow equal access to all programs and facilities within each class year;
4. Recognize and address the developmental issues facing students at different times during their college years;
5. Meet basic safety and security needs in comfortable living areas conducive to sleep and study;
6. Foster ownership and accountability of student actions by students through a system of self governance.