Student Activities Office
Beinecke Building Monitor
Supervisor: Assistant Director, Student Activities
Purpose: Staff building during evening hours, including late night events. Work in conjunction with Beinecke Switchboard & Monitor Staffs.
Staffing Hours: 8pm-2am; Nightly
*or as late-night events dictate
- Rounds of the building: hourly on slow nights, every 1/2 hour during events.
- Complete inventory checklists, report missing items and vandalism to building manager. Tidy up areas where needed.
- Be a visible aid for guests to the Village. Let visitors know that someone is always on call and available should an incident occur, making sure that events are safe and no alcohol containers leave the Annex rooms. No glass items are allowed in the Annex.
- Secure the Annex for the evening following events. Secure keys in the lock box for the next shift.
Notify Campus Safety:
- when securing the facility (making final rounds)
- Should anything occur that you feel is beyond your control:
a note of advice on confronting students: be calm and cordial. Inform them of the rules of the facility and of the College. You are not there to be a killjoy. Don't shy away from informing the students of the rules. If they refuse to comply, then ask them to leave. If they refuse to exit, then inform Campus Safety. When dealing with loud and intoxicated individuals, be sure to contact Campus Safety if and when you ever feel your personal safety is in jeopardy.
- in a medical emergency