Work at the Levitt Center
Social Innovation Team Member
The Social Innovation Team is a group of students whose mission is to increase the understanding of and opportunities for social innovation both on the Hamilton College campus and in the broader community. The team is responsible for designing, administering, and staffing the Levitt Center Social Innovation Lab, as well as creating social innovation programming.
We are looking for students with great leadership experience and are dedicated to encouraging innovation and social entrepreneurship on campus!
Shine Staff Assistant
As a Staff Assistant for Project Shine you will help Levitt Center staff to run Project Shine, a volunteer program through which Hamilton students serve as English tutors in the community, and VITA, a volunteer program where Hamilton students help families file taxes.
As a member of our Shine Team, you will work closely with our Community-based Learning Coordinator, Joel Winkelman, drivers, dispatchers, and other student assistants. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are critical.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- answers questions in firstname.lastname@example.org.
- maintain drivers & dispatchers schedule.
- update volunteers, drivers, professors, and site coordinators on changes.
- keep track of 2 Shine vans’ reservations and mileage.
- other tasks as needed.
- Commit at least 10 hours/week (min. 8 hours during 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. on weekdays).
- Former Project Shine/VITA participant or other similar experience.
- Familiar with Asana, Slack, 25Live, Google Voice, and Google Calendar (or willing to learn those applications).
- Licensed driver.
Submit your resume & cover letter by Monday, May 6, 2018 on Handshake or email them to Joel Winkelman (email@example.com).
Project Shine Driver
As a Project Shine driver, you will be responsible for bringing our Shine volunteers to their sites. Current sites are in Utica, Frankfort, and Clinton.
If you’re reliable, punctual, and a licensed driver, we’d love to have you join our Shine Team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 6, 2018 for more details.
Community Service Intern
This internship is a 9-month, part-time position, preferably filled by a recent Hamilton College graduate. 25 hours a week. Duties include:
- Assist with the administration of service learning and other community based programs, including scheduling, orientation, transportation coordination, and training.
- Provide a regular weekly presence at our various partner sites in the community, including regular mentoring of student participants and consultations with teachers and other community partners.
- Assist with administration of and recruitment for community engagement workshops.
- Assist with recruitment of students for various Levitt Center programs.
- Hold office hours for students participating in Project SHINE and VITA, as well as for those designing Levitt Leadership Institute and Social Innovation Fellows projects.
If you want to join the Levitt Center Team, email your resume & cover letter to Chris Willemsen (email@example.com).
If none of the above opportunities suit you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to show your interest in future employment opportunities.