What does the coach do?
The coach for the public speaking contests will listen to your ideas and provide helpful comments at any stage in the process of preparing your speech. Following are some of the particular ways in which the coach can provide guidance:
- Advise you on tailoring your speech to the particular requirements of the contest in which you are participating.
- Review your plans for your speech and provide feedback.
- Explain evaluation criteria that the judges will use.
- Review your complete speech and provide feedback.
- Review and interpret judges' comments from the preliminary round.
- Advise you on how to improve your speech between the preliminary and final rounds.
- To arrange a meeting with the coach, contact James Helmer, coordinator of the Oral Communication Center, at email@example.com.