Nancy Sorkin Rabinowitz’s works include Greek Tragedy.
Your courses will address literature in the broadest sense, including canonical texts, popular literature, film, and opera from diverse national traditions. As a major, much of your work will be done in other literature departments and will involve reading in foreign languages.
Comparative literature has taught me to question everything, and to examine what I read both closely and broadly. My professors have pushed me to do things I never thought I could. Whether it was tackling Proust's masterpiece, deciding to conduct independent summer research, or helping me decide where to study abroad – faculty in the comparative literature department have mentored me in every aspect of my life at Hamilton.
Meghan O’Sullivan — comparative literature major
- Senior Publicist, Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
- Civil Rights Director/Attorney, Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders
- Director of Strategic Planning, Hewlett Packard
- Professor of Pediatrics, Seattle Children's Hospital
- Vice President, International Marketing, Sony Music Entertainment
- President, Edna McConnell Clark Foundation
- ESL Teacher, English, L'Ecole Aujourd'hui (Paris)
- Trial Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice