Fall 2019 application deadline is February 22, 2019.
Applications are submitted via Interfolio.
The program is limited to 12 students, so we encourage you to prepare your application materials as soon as possible (see below for details).
Each application must include the following as a .doc or .pdf:
- Personal Statement — Please keep this statement to 500 words or less. We are looking to learn about your motivations and goals for participating in this experiential semester, as well as any additional information you feel is pertinent to include.
- Confidential Letters of Recommendation — Provide three letters of recommendation. One must be from a professor. Another must be from a peer, such as one of your classmates or someone with whom you have worked closely on a project. The third letter must be a professional reference, from another professor, an advisor or work supervisor. [Note: You can request these via Interfolio, once you sign up for an account. Interfolio will then send the requests to those you specify, and once they have been completed they will appear as part of your “dossier.” You can then “add” each letter to the application when you are ready to submit it.]
- Transcript — Include a transcript from every post-secondary school that you have attended. Unofficial transcripts are fine. Attach as a PDF. Contact the Registrar’s Office for details.
- Other Document — Attach your top five choices of Local Partners with which to work. Under each selection, write one two sentences explaining why you chose those organizations or businesses.
- Resume — Attach a resume that includes your education and work histories, any volunteer experience, skill sets, etc.
- Additional Documents — Should you desire to attach any additional documents of your choosing, that option has been made available.
Interviews may be done in person or through Skype, after applications have been received. We will contact you directly; be sure to provide an accurate email address.