- Application form – this form includes, but is not limited to, a short essay, names of your references, your Chinese course history, and your Chinese name.
- References – Chinese teacher and General Reference. Your references may provide their recommendations on-line (the link is provided to you in the on-line application form). References also have the option to send in a letter provided they include all the information from the online recommendation.
- Application fee - $50.00, non-refundable. This must be paid on-line as part of the initial application process either by credit card (preferred) or check. Your data will not be saved until the fee is paid, however, you do not have to complete your application in one sitting. Our on-line application process allows you to return later to add or change information. Please be advised that your application will not be reviewed for admission until all of the required materials (references, transcript) have been received by our office.
- Transcript – all applicants should request an official, sealed transcript from the university or college they have most recently attended. If applicants have studied Chinese at other institutions, they should have an official transcript reflecting their Chinese grades sent to ACC. This should be received as soon as possible after your online submission and should be returned to: Nitsa Weld, ACC, c/o Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd., Clinton, NY 13323. This is not included in the online application and must be sent in separately.
If accepted, the following materials must be submitted within two weeks (details about the deposit can be found in your acceptance letter):
Physician’s Report – to be completed by a physician. Though not required at the onset, we recommend you contact your physician right away as appointments often take time to arrange.
- Release Agreement – your parent or legal guardian must complete and sign this form. If you are over 21 years of age, you can sign it yourself.
- 4 passport photos – (original 2x2 glossy, hard copy, no digitals) should have been taken within the last year with applicant’s name in English and Chinese on the back.
The Associated College in China program has scholarship opportunities available for all students.