Tuition & Fees
* Effective with the 2023-24 academic year, Hamilton students participating in the ACC off-campus study program will be charged the equivalent of Hamilton’s comprehensive fee.
- Summer 2023: $7,900
- Spring 2023 or Fall 2023 terms: $15,400
- Spring/Summer terms combined: $22,800
- Summer/Fall terms combined: $22,800
- Fall/Spring terms combined: $30,200
2022-23 Cost Breakdown
|Summer 2023 Semester||Cost|
|Tuition and registration fees(charged by Minzu, instructional cost, classroom rental, classroom supplies, teaching equipment, etc..)||$5,800|
|Cost of insurance:||$450|
|Cost of orientation:||$200|
|Tuition and registration fees (charged by Minzu, instructional cost, classroom rental, classroom supplies, teaching equipment, etc..)||$11,750|
|Cost of insurance:||$850|
|Cost of orientation:||$300|
Deposits & payments
If you are accepted, the following are the deposit amounts for each term (this will also be noted in your acceptance letter):
- Fall: $550
- Spring: $600
- Summer $300
- Summer & Fall: $700
- Fall & Spring: $900
- Spring & Summer: $800
Deposits for the ACC program can be made online. Our system accepts American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
Please make sure to complete your online application immediately following your deposit, especially the billing section!
Students/parents can also pay tuition online. This is called One Time Payment Gateway. Students can begin using this option after they have received their first paper bill. Also, you will need your student ID# which you can find on your paper bill.
Tuition Refund Policy
The ACC policy on the refund of payments to students who withdraw voluntarily, due to illness, or who are dismissed during any semester, is stated below. Tuition and fees are refunded as follows:
- If, during the first two weeks of class of a given term, a student is dismissed for violations of ACC policy or is forced to withdraw for reasons of illness, 50% of the tuition for all terms for which the student has enrolled will be refunded. No other refunds are possible.
- If a student has signed up for two consecutive terms and only completes one, no deposit will be refunded for the term not attended.
- After the first two weeks of class, no refund will be given for the tuition of any terms for which the student has enrolled.
- The cost of ACC field trips is included in the tuition total. Any student electing not to participate in a field trip will not be issued a refund.
- All other refunds will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Expenses Not Included in Tuition
Travel to and from Beijing is not included. Students should plan on spending between $1,650 and $1,800 for a round trip flight.
All other costs, such as fees for visas, passports, inoculations, accident and medical insurance and personal expenses, are not included. Students are also responsible for their own meals. Students should expect to spend the following per semester on food: Summer, $600; Fall, $950, Spring, $950. Please contact the ACC office for cost estimates. Students should check with the financial aid office at their home institutions concerning availability of financial aid. Limited need-based, merit scholarships are available.
Students are not required to eat together as a group except for Friday noon, which is our “language table day.” Students have the choice of eating either in the foreign students’ cafeteria, Chinese students’ dorm or going out to eat at various restaurants.
The amount of money spent on food varies greatly depending on the kind of restaurant you choose. As of this writing, we have found that an average of $10-$15 is the typical expense for three simple meals a day, assuming that you stay away from four star hotels and Western restaurants.
Students remaining in China or traveling between semesters should also take into account the amount needed to cover personal expenses.
Students who participated in last year’s program have reported that for the summer session, $700-$1,000 is a sufficient amount of money for personal expenses. For the fall and spring sessions, most students agreed that $2,500-$2,800 was a good amount to have on hand per semester. This does not include money for meals. Students who plan on doing extensive traveling or who plan on buying many gifts may wish to have more money on hand.
Books for one ACC term will cost about $50-$100, depending on levels and the specific semester.