- $50 Application Fee (online payment required at time of application)
- 300 Word Essay
Through the online application you must upload a statement in English including comments on:
- your experiences in Spanish, including travel or residence abroad
- your reasons for wishing to study abroad and how this experience will contribute to learning
- co-curricular interests in Spanish
- Writing Sample
Please submit a recent paper written in Spanish and graded by a professor. (Do not send a corrected copy unless your own revisions are evident. If your paper was graded by hand, please remit your paper with corrections by US Mail to the address that follows. If your paper was graded electronically, you may upload it during your application registration online.)
The following documentation must arrive by March 1 if you are applying for the Academic Year or Fall semester and by October 1 if you are applying for the Spring semester:
- Two Recommendations
Through RegOnline, two professors must submit recommendations. One recommendation must be from a recent language professor. The other recommendation must be from a recent professor in your major. If Spanish is your major, please remit both forms, preferably from two professors.
- Release Agreement, including an original signature by you and a parent or guardian. Please mail this signed document to HCAYS / 198 College Hill Road / Clinton NY 13323 or scan to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload unofficial Transcript from your current college or university.
- Recommendation, submitted through RegOnline, from the Dean of Students or Dean/Director of Study Abroad or Study Abroad Advisor. (Hamilton College students: please share the link with email@example.com)
Due upon Acceptance:
Within two weeks of acceptance, you must remit a $500 non-refundable deposit, your Physician’s Report plus three passport-size photographs.*
- Physician’s Report
- Hamilton Travel Abroad Health Screening Form
- Housing Information: Please return to your online application to provide details once authorized by HCAYS.*
IMPORTANT: Please submit your LEAVE of ABSENCE Form to the Off-Campus Study Office, Christian A. Johnson 105.