- $50 Application Fee (online payment required at time of application)
- 300 Word Essay
Through the online application you must upload a statement in English including comments on:
- your experiences in Spanish, including travel or residence abroad
- your reasons for wishing to study abroad and how this experience will contribute to learning
- co-curricular interests in Spanish
- Writing Sample
Please submit a recent paper written in Spanish and graded by a professor. (Do not send a corrected copy unless your own revisions are evident. If your paper was graded by hand, please remit your paper with corrections by US Mail to the address that follows. If your paper was graded electronically, you may upload it during your application registration online.)
The following documentation must arrive under separate cover, by March 1 if you are applying for the Academic Year or Fall semester and by October 1 if you are applying for the Spring semester:
HAMILTON COLLEGE ACADEMIC YEAR (OR SEMESTER) IN SPAIN
198 COLLEGE HILL ROAD
CLINTON NY 13323
- Two Recommendations
You must submit two recommendations. Each recommendation form should be in a sealed envelope, signed on the back by the professor. One recommendation must be from your current or most recent language professor. The other recommendation must be from your most recent professor in your major. If Spanish is your major, please remit both forms, preferably from two professors.
- Release Agreement, including an original signature by you and a parent or guardian.
- Official Transcript(s) from every post-secondary school that you have attended.
- Recommendation from the Dean of Students or Dean of Study Abroad or Study Abroad Advisor, signed and dated by the Dean or Advisor.
Due upon Acceptance:
Within two weeks of acceptance, you must remit a $500 non-refundable deposit, your Physician’s Report plus three passport-size photographs.*
- Physician’s Report
- Hamilton Travel Abroad Health Screening Form
- Housing Information: Please return to your online application to provide details once authorized by HCAYS.*
ATTENTION HAMILTON COLLEGE STUDENTS:
Please complete the REQUIRED Study Abroad Planning form.
IMPORTANT: Please submit your LEAVE of ABSENCE Form to the Off-Campus Study Office, Christian A. Johnson 105.