At Hamilton the advising community provides students with a comprehensive network so that students can access necessary resources during their education.
The Faculty Advisor-Student Relationship
- One part of a comprehensive network of advising resources that draws on multiple sources of advice
- Compass – an advising platform for scheduling appointments and keeping track of advising responsibilities for students and faculty
- Provides guidance for well-thought-out exploration of various academic disciplines
- Sets goals for the selection and completion of a concentration
- anticipates options for off-campus study
- Transcends conversations about course selection and helps students understand the support services available to them in the Dean of Students Office and elsewhere
- Encourages use of Career Center resources to help prepare for life after Hamilton
Although pre-concentration faculty advisors vary in their approaches, all are eager to help students adjust to the intellectual demands of the College and to guide them toward success. At the same time, students assume major responsibility for their own education when they matriculate at Hamilton, and they must take the initiative to seek out advice and plan their education.