If you feel that your financial circumstances might qualify you for an application fee waiver, please submit your request (in lieu of application fee payment) on the Common Application or Coalition Application. After submitting your application with the fee waiver request, unless you hear otherwise from our admission office, you should assume your waiver has been applied.
To be eligible for the Common Application Fee Waiver, you must meet at least one of the following indicators of economic need:
- You have qualified for an ACT or SAT testing fee waiver
- You are enrolled in or are eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Lunch Program(FRPL)
- Your annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service
- You are enrolled in a federal, state or local program that aids students from low-income families (e.g., TRIO programs such as Upward Bound)
- Your family receives public assistance
- You live in federally subsidized public housing, a foster home or are homeless
- You are a ward of the state or an orphan
- You can provide a supporting statement from a school official, college access counselor, financial aid officer or community leader verifying your eligibility for an application fee waiver
Hamilton College Fee Waivers
If you have been granted a Hamilton College Fee Waiver, you should indicate this by choosing the final statement in the above list on the Fee Waiver tab and by choosing the “I have been granted a Hamilton College fee waiver” option in the Hamilton specific questions on your Common Application.
If you don’t meet any of the fee waiver thresholds, but you believe your family’s circumstances warrant consideration for a fee waiver, you may request a fee waiver by contacting the Hamilton admission office directly at email@example.com or 315-859-4421.