Facebook pixel tracker

Social Security Administration Resolution

In the process of verifying the information on your FAFSA it came to our attention that the Federal Government cannot confirm your citizenship status.  In order to remain eligible for your Federal Financial Aid you must submit one of the following documents, proving your status as a US Citizen or eligible non-citizen, to the Hamilton College Financial Aid Office.

If you are a US Citizen you may submit a copy of your:

  • Passport
  • Birth Certificate (showing eligibility for US citizenship)
  • Certificate of Citizenship
  • Certificate of Naturalization
  • Forms FS-240, FS-454 or DS-1350

If you are an eligible non-citizen (usually Permanent Resident) you may submit a copy of your:

  • Permanent Resident Card
  • Resident Alien Card
  • Form I-94

You can fax a copy of the front and back of one of these forms to our office at 315-859-4962 or mail it to us.  You are also welcome to scan the document and return it as an email attachment to finaid@hamilton.edu

We also recommend contacting the Social Security Administration to update your status, as we are not able to do that on your behalf. If you have any questions please call the Hamilton College Financial Aid Office at 315-859-4434.

Contact Information

Office of Financial Aid

800-859-4413 315-859-4962 finaid@hamilton.edu
Back to Top