St. Andrew's Society Scholarship
Nomination by Hamilton College is required. Hamilton may nominate one senior for this award.
- U.S. citizenship (must provide proof of citizenship)
- must present compelling reasons to study in Scotland (proof of application to their selected school will be required for finalists)
- students who have previously studied in the UK are ineligible to apply
- be of Scottish descent
- must have at least a solid "B" average or better
- must have demonstrated commitment to an extracurricular activity
- must have financial need (documented by the Hamilton Financial Aid office)
The selection committee will consider student's academic achievement, extracurricular activities, financial need, and statement of personal objectives. It is essential to present compelling reasons to study in Scotland. Candidates should possess qualifications that will enable them to be good ambassadors for the U.S. while in Scotland. Students must apply directly to the Scottish university of interest. Proof of acceptance will be required.
The scholarship provides $20,000 for one year of graduate study. Funds are to be used initially against tuition, then board, transportation and other expenses. Two scholars are selected each year.
December: applications due in NYC
February/March: Finalists (typically approximately 6) are invited to an interview/ luncheon in New York City.
For more information, visit the Saint Andrew's Society Scholarship website.