U.S. - Japan Bridging Foundation Scholarship
- Undergraduate students majoring in any field of study are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- Japanese language study is not a prerequisite.
- Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents
- Applicants must be enrolled as undergraduates in a college or university in the United States before and during the time they are studying abroad.
- Applications for Bridging Scholarships are accepted twice a year: the next deadline, for students who will be studying in Japan beginning in Spring 2008, is October 5, 2007. Twenty scholarships will be awarded for Spring 2008.
Selection is based on academic potential and financial need.
Annually 100 scholarships are awarded to assist students with the travel and living expenses they will incur while studying abroad in Japan for a semester or an academic year. Bridging Scholarship recipients receive a stipend of $2,500 (for students on semester-long programs) or $4,000 (for students on academic year programs). Students studying in Japan on summer programs are not eligible to apply.
The results of the competition will be announced in late November.
Visit the Bridging Scholarships website for more information.