You may wish to discuss these timely planning strategies with your financial, tax and estate-planning advisors:
- Consider the opportunities provided by the decline in the financial markets, such as asset transfer strategies including the annual gift tax exclusion — now $13,000 per person per year, the gift tax exemption and charitable lead trusts.
- Convert your IRA to a Roth IRA to maximize the opportunity for tax-free growth.
- Review the benefits of a Roth IRA for children and grandchildren who are employed.
- Contact Hamilton to discuss taxsaving strategies if you are facing a tax bill from the sale of a business or real estate.
- Execute a will to protect your family and your assets. If you include Hamilton in your estate plan, please advise the College so you can be thanked and added to the Joel Bristol Associates.
- Employ "dollar cost averaging" and look for buying opportunities when the financial markets recover.