Mandatory Race Day Check-In (12 pm-3 pm) on the day of the event!
All participants (excluding walkers) must personally check in on race day between 12 pm and 3 pm at the Emerson Lobby located in the Alumni Gym, Bristol pool area.
- Walkers do not need to check in at Emerson lobby. Rather, proceed directly to Pritchard Track.
- Start time – Race start time is 4 pm sharp!
- Waiver – All participants must sign liability waiver.
- Tee Shirts – Pick up your Hamtrek tee shirt at check-in.
- Donations – Please consider donating to the Shawn Grady Memorial Fund (Note - $50 min. donation is required for all participants who are not affiliated with Hamilton College and are not Clinton, NY residents.)
- Course Layout – Review course maps to be familiar with the swim, run, and bike courses.
- Swim Heats – Review Swim heat start times and lane assignments. Swim Heat start times and lane assignments are printed on all race bibs. 24 Swimmers per heat, starting at 4:00 pm with heats starting every 15 minutes.
- ID and timing – Swimmer must have ankle bracelet with timing chip, Runner must have race bib, all participants receive body marking numbers
- Transitions – Review transition timing mat locations, and note separate transition procedures for individuals and teams.
Special Instructions for Hamtrek participants
- Swimmers – Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your designated start time! Timing bracelet must be on ankle. Swim 525 yards (15 min time limit) then exit the pool following designated path toward Dunham. Make sure to cross the T1 timing mat located near Dunham sidewalk. Individuals head to transition chairs, Relay teams head to team transition area located adjacent to Dunham parking lot and transfer timing bracelet to your team biker.
- Bikers – Helmets are required! Follow directions given by volunteer staff! Walk your bike from bike rack to start area. Complete two laps of the bike course (9 miles total). Be careful of pedestrians, loose dirt and gravel, and traffic. Corners may be especially hazardous. Return to Dunham lot. Dismount at clearly marked area, walk bike to rack. Individuals head to transition chairs, Relay teams head to team transition area near Dunham parking lot and transfer timing bracelet to your team runner.
- Runners – Review Cross Country course layout. You will cross a T2 timing mat as you enter Love field (track) to start your run and you will cross a finish line timing mat also located on Love field (track) as you finish the race. Be sure to return your timing chips and ankle bracelets as soon as you cross the finish line. Stay on the marked XC course. Follow the directions given by run course volunteers. Water station located at .75 and 2.75 mile mark.
- Walkers – Check-in at Love field (track) any time after 4:00pm, pickup your tee shirt and start your self-paced walk.
Be sure to stay around after the race for great music, food and fun! Awards ceremony will take place shortly after all finishers have completed the race. Prizes will be awarded to top finishers in both individual and teams.