Summer Field Studies Program
Applications for the 2016 summer program are now open. The deadline for applications is February 25, 2016.
To make it easy for you to apply to the Summer Field Studies program, our application can be completed online. Please read all of the details below before following the link to the application provided at the bottom. A list of the materials that must be completed before your application can be considered for admission to our program follows:
- Application form – this form includes, but is not limited to, a presentation proposal, a personal essay, names of your references, and your Chinese course history.
- References – Chinese Specialist and General Reference. It is recommended that your references provide their reference on-line (the link is provided to you in the on-line application form). References also have the option to send in a letter.
- Application fee - $50.00, non-refundable. This must be paid on-line as part of the initial application process either by credit card (preferred) or check. Your data will not be saved until the fee is paid, however, you do not have to complete your application in one sitting. Our on-line application process allows you to return later to add or change information. Please be advised that your application will not be reviewed for admission until all of the required materials have been received by our office.
The following items are not included in the on-line application and must be sent in separately. They should be received no later than Feb. 25th and should be returned to: ACC, c/o Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd, Clinton, NY 13323.
- Transcript – all applicants should request an official, sealed transcript from the university or college they have most recently attended. If applicants have studied Chinese at other institutions, they should have an official transcript reflecting their Chinese grades sent to ACC.
- Physician’s Report – to be completed by a physician.
- Release Agreement – your parent or legal guardian must complete and sign this form. If you are over 21 years of age, you can sign it yourself.
- 4 passport photos – should have been taken within the last year with applicant’s name on the back, 2x2 glossy.
*If you are admitted to the program, a $300 non-refundable deposit is required in order to reserve your space in the program.*