The college generously provides the COOP with vehicles to use for transportation to and from various projects and sites. If you are currently certified to drive either the full-sized college van (11 passenger van) or the SHINE van, you are qualified to drive both the COOP vehicles. If you have not been cleared to drive Hamilton vehicles by another department, please follow the procedures below in order to drive the COOP vehicles.
- Download and complete a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) Permission Form. This gives Hamilton permission to run a MVR on your driving record and allows Hamilton to deny you driving privileges if you do not meet safety requirements. You're fine as long as you've had your license at least two years with no moving violations.
- If you have been granted permission to drive the COOP or HAVOC vehicles before, fill out your MVR Renewal Form. Hamilton runs a MVR on all drivers once every calendar year from the date of your first request in order to keep insurance information up-to-date.
- Return your first MVR Permission Form or your renewal (whichever applies to you) to Irene Cornish in the Auxiliary Services Office located in Bristol Center.
- The MVR usually takes up to a week to go through. Depending on the state in which your license was granted, there might be a couple of extra steps involved with processing your MVR. Irene will be in touch about any that apply to you and your state, and she will also email you when your form clears.
- Forward your email from Irene to Lisa Nassimos when you make your first vehicle reservation (instructions below).
The COOP cars (#45 which seats 7 and #66 which seats 8) are reserved through the COOP, via Lisa Nassimos. If you'd like to reserve a vehicle, click on the links below to see if the car that best fits your needs is available. If so, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know the day and time that you're requesting, as well as the name of the certified individual who will be driving. Lisa then notifies Campus Safety to let them know who has requested a car.
The college also has several 11 passenger vans, which you can use to transport larger numbers of volunteers. Instructions for certification and reservation are below.
- E-mail Brian Hansen at Spencer House (email@example.com) to find out when the next scheduled training class will take place.
- Have an MVR background check done - contact Irene Cornish (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Take a driving safety test
- You may use the Live 25 System to reserve the 12-passenger van; this is the only way to reserve a van on campus.
- If your certification is up to date and the Jitney is available at the requested time, you will receive email confirmation of your reservation