HAVOC hosts a number of events throughout the year that are publicized in all-campus e-mails. Come check them out!
Make a Difference Day and MLK Jr. Day
First weekend of the fall and spring semesters
- Make a Difference Day/MLK Jr. Day - This is the largest campus-wide service day of the semester. We send Hamilton students to various organizations in Oneida county and provide a free T-shirt, lunch, and transportation. Participating in this event is a great way to help the community if you cannot do so on a regular basis.
Two major fundraisers occur every semester
- Dodgeball/Handball Tournament - Every semester we host an athletic tournament on campus with prizes going to the tournament winner and best costume. The proceeds of the tournament go to various causes depending on the semester.
- Paws to Relax - The week before finals students get the opportunity to play with and pet professors' dogs on campus. Proceeds for this event go to a local animal shelter.
HAVOC Sites Fair
Within the first month of both semesters
- This event allows students a taste of HAVOC's volunteer opportunities, bringing all of the site coordinators to the Events Barn to recruit volunteers and sign them up for HAVOC regular sites.
Last weeks of the fall semester
- Provides an opportunity for a child's eyes to sparkle during the holidays by letting members of the Hamilton community buy gifts for children in need. This year we collected over 160 gifts for children whose parents were in hospice care.