An educator whose career spanned 40 years and “who never met a child that couldn’t be taught,” was born on June 7, 1926, in Syracuse, NY. A son of Albert A. ’11, a physician, and Louise Doolittle Getman, he was a grandson of Albert D. Getman, Class of 1880, and nephew of Herbert C. Getman ’16 and Damon L. Getman ’22.
Among numerous other members of his family who had attended Hamilton was his brother, William D. Getman ’38, who was killed in action during the Second World War.
“Al” Getman prepared for college at the Loomis School in Connecticut and entered the U.S. Army in 1944. He served for two years through the end of World War II and was discharged as a sergeant. In 1946, he entered Hamilton from Syracuse, joined his family’s fraternity, Theta Delta Chi, and ran track and sang with the Glee Club. As president of the TDX house as well as the Intrafraternity Council, he was credited by The Hamiltonian with guiding both “through a trying year with remarkable success.” A member of D.T. and known on campus for his mode of transportation, a car “held together with bailing twine,” he was graduated in 1950.
Al Getman had been teaching in private elementary schools for three years when, on July 10, 1953, he was married to Constance Hancock in Cazenovia, NY. Having decided that he needed to earn more money than he made in front of a blackboard, he tried his hand at selling life insurance. Quickly concluding that he was “the world’s worst insurance agent,” Al returned to the classroom in 1954, where he spent many delightful years until his retirement. During those years he not only earned a Teacher of the Year award but the affection of his students for the concern he expressed for them, such as a simple pat on the back that “could make their spirits soar.”
Al Getman, who acquired an M.A. in education from Syracuse University in 1957, subsequently served as assistant headmaster at Pebble Hill School in the Syracuse suburb of DeWitt. In 1964, he moved to Ohio to become founding headmaster of Canton County Day School. A few years later, under his guidance and direction, the school moved into a new building, much improved quarters for its pupils, grades 1-8. In 1970, he returned to Maumee Valley County Day School in South Toledo, OH, where he had previously taught, and remained there until he took early retirement in 1988. Al and “Connie” Getman’s plans to return to central New York and take up residence in Cazenovia were delayed, however, when Al was called back to Canton County Day School to serve for a year as interim headmaster.
In retirement in Cazenovia, Al Getman did volunteer work in a local middle school and tutored children at the town library. Besides traveling and reading, he enjoyed golf, biking, cross-country skiing, and a good game of bridge. And he took special delight in singing, especially barbershop, and impressed friends with his ability to “turn anything into song.” He was intensely devoted to Hamilton and most generous in his support of it, and particularly of the Getman Family Scholarship, which he had helped establish at the College.
Albert A. Getman, Jr., most recently a resident of a retirement community in Jamesville, NY, died at his home there on October 20, 2010. In addition to his wife of 57 years, he is survived by two daughters, Judith H. Cheney and Martha S. (Margot) Giblin; a son, William D. Getman; eight grandchildren, including; William D. Getman, Jr. ’09; and a sister, Louise Bristol.
Back to Top
A retired radiologist, was born on August 19, 1929, in Langhorne, PA, outside of Philadelphia. He grew up in Warsaw, NY, southwest of Rochester, where he attended Warsaw High School. He prepared for college at the Hill School in Pottstown, PA, and entered Hamilton in 1946. Brooks Klostermyer, known as “Klos,” joined Delta Upsilon, played clarinet in the College Band, and later sang with the Glee Club. Planning to follow in the footsteps of his father, Louis L. Klostermyer, a physician, he pursued premedical studies as well as French, and was graduated in 1950.
Brooks Klostermyer went on to Hahnemann Medical College in Philadelphia, where he acquired his M.D. degree in 1954. Following an internship and residency in internal medicine at Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, PA, he served from 1956 to 1958 as a medical officer with the rank of lieutenant in the U.S. Navy. In 1961, after three years as a resident in radiology at Duke University Medical Center, he joined a group practice in Batavia, NY, and served on the medical staff of several local and regional hospitals.
In 1979, Dr. Klostermyer relocated to Asheboro, NC, where he participated in a group practice and joined the radiology staff of Randolph Hospital. He became chief of radiology at Randolph Hospital and retired in 1990. In addition to his interest in music and travel, he devoted his leisure time to hobbies such as amateur radio. A onetime light plane pilot, he also enjoyed flying radio-controlled model aircraft.
Brooks V.S. Klostermyer, a loyal and supportive alumnus, died at Randolph Hospital in Asheboro on January 28, 2010. He is survived by his wife, Elizabeth E. Klostermyer, whom he had wed in 1970. Also surviving are his daughter and two sons, Holly Ann Bodzas and Brooks A. and John W. Klostermyer, as well as four grandchildren. He was previously married, in 1954, to Winifred A. Holly.
Back to Top
A floral gardener who reportedly grew the most beautiful flowers in Hawaii, was born in Grand Rapids, MI, on December 6, 1931. He was a son of John W. Bailey, Jr., a banker, and the former Barbara Nan Vandenberg. His grandfather was U.S. Senator Arthur Vandenberg, the Republican champion of bipartisanship in American foreign policy during the early years of the Cold War.
John Bailey entered Hamilton in 1949 from Grand Rapids, after preparation at the Hill School in Pennsylvania, and joined Sigma Phi. He went out for soccer and played varsity baseball, but devoted most of his extracurricular attention to journalism, first as an entrepreneur delivering newspapers on campus and in Clinton in his Buick Roadmaster convertible. He contributed to The Spectator and The Hamiltonian, and was campus correspondent for the Utica Observer-Dispatch as well as wire services. A member of the Press Board, he also became a member of that convivial social group, Nous Onze.
Following his graduation in 1953, John Bailey pursued his journalistic interests as a reporter for the San Francisco Chronicle. After three years, he switched to public relations as a representative for the Matson Navigation Co. in San Francisco. While employed by the Matson Lines, which ran ships to Hawaii, he met a young lady, a former Miss Hawaii, Gordean Leilehua Lee, and they were married in Honolulu on August 28, 1960. The newlyweds settled in Hawaii, where John opened his own public relations firm in Honolulu and also engaged in investments and real estate. For a time he served as publicity director for the Republican Party of Hawaii. In 1969, John and Gordean Bailey moved to Kula on the island of Maui, where they established and operated Bailey Farms.
As a “farmer,” John Bailey specialized in flowers, especially exotic varieties such as protea, which has been described as “the most glorious flower on earth.” His development and propularization of protea is fabled among horticulturists. The products of Bailey Farms, grown on 10 acres, not only added beauty to the great resort hotels in Honolulu and elsewhere in Hawaii but were also distributed and sold on the mainland. In addition, leis were made on the farm, and seminars on Hawaiian culture and traditions, such as hula chanting, were held.
John V. Bailey, “a committed farmer for over 40 years,” soft-spoken and always willing to help others in his quiet way, died at his home in Kula on October 30, 2010. In addition to his wife of 50 years, he leaves a daughter, Maile Maureen Bailey; a son, Timothy Paulokaleioku Bailey; and seven grandchildren and a brother.
Back to Top
Composer, arranger, and lyricist, and an American in Paris, was born on March 25, 1933, in Utica, NY. The son of Robert C., a physician, and Alison Dawson Hall, he grew up in Clinton and was graduated from Clinton High School. “Derry” Hall, as he came to be known by all, came up to College Hill at the age of 16 in 1949. He joined Delta Phi, later taking charge of its social program, and already evidenced his affinity for French language and literature, which he deepened by way of a summer session at McGill University. He was also a budding musician, a pianist especially fond of jazz, and a bit of a bon vivant.
Called into military service the year after his graduation in 1953, Derry Hall became a member of the 371st Army Band. While a PFC with the unit, he founded a dance band called “The Disenchanted Seven” as well as “The Fort Leavenworth Modern Jazz Quintet.” Discharged after two years in the Army in 1956, he acquired an M.S. degree in television directing from Syracuse University the following year. Thereafter he began his long sojourn in Paris, where he earned a diplome in film direction from L’Institut des Hautes Etudes Cinematographiques in 1959. As a composer and lyricist, he contributed to more than 20 feature films and gained recognition among the French as a “musician formidable.”
Derry Hall, who last visited College Hill to play with the Alumni All-Stars Jazz Band at Reunions 2003, died on September 2, 2010, as verified by Social Security records. Unmarried, he is survived by his mother and two sisters, Marilyn Reid and Beverly Watson.
Back to Top
Hermann Menges, Jr. ’53, a physician and medical educator and administrator, highly prominent and much admired throughout Cleveland, Ohio’s medical community, was born on April 9, 1932, in Bronxville, NY. A son of Hermann and Alice Braun Menges, he grew up in New York’s Westchester County, where he was graduated in 1949 from Pleasantville High School. He entered Hamilton from Pleasantvile that year, following his brother, Carl B. Menges ’51, to College Hill.
Hermann Menges, known as “Bud,” joined Sigma Phi and went out for a variety of sports. He became a stalwart of the swimming squad and lacrosse team, and lettered as a member of both. In addition, according to The Hamiltonian, he found “the lure of the golf links hard to resist.” Nonetheless, managing also to troupe with the Charlatans, he successfully focused on his premedical studies as an aspiring physician and earned his diploma in 1953.
Admitted that year to the School of Medicine at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Bud Menges began his long association with that Ohio city. However, after acquiring his M.D. degree in 1957 and a year of internship, he and his bride, the former Sally S. West, whom he had wed on January 4, 1958, in Cleveland, temporarily sojourned in Rochester, MN. There, Bud served a three-year residency in internal medicine at the Mayo Clinic and also earned an M.S. degree in medicine from the University of Minnesota in 1961.
Bud and Sally Menges returned that year to Cleveland, where he continued his medical training as a fellow in cardiology at University Hospitals, and where he and a colleague performed the hospitals’ first angiogram. In 1962, while remaining on the medical faculty of Case Western Reserve and supervising the University Hospitals’ cardiac catheterization laboratory, he began his private practice of internal medicine and cardiology. In 1968, he and three colleagues developed the concept of a multispecialty clinic in conjunction with University Hospitals. It led in 1973 to the establishment of the University Suburban Health Center, a comprehensive ambulatory care facility staffed by physicians with teaching ties to the Medical School. Located in South Euclid and with a staff in time of 170 physicians and surgeons representing more than 35 medical specialties, the Center not only pioneered a then unique concept but also became one of the region’s most highly regarded medical care facilities.
For 13 years until he stepped down in 1999, Dr. Menges served as chairman of the board of USHC. While maintaining a private practice and also teaching medical students and residents as a clinical professor, he played a key role in strengthening the relationship between the USHC and University Hospitals of Cleveland. Under his leadership, the USCH’s building was greatly expanded and many new patient services were added. Upon his retirement from the chairmanship, his colleagues recognized his achievements by naming the newly constructed education center at USHC in his honor.
The high esteem of his colleagues was also reflected in Dr. Menges’s election to the presidency of the Northeast Ohio affiliate of the American Heart Association in 1977, and of the Cleveland Academy of Medicine, the nation’s fifth largest county medical society, in 1985. He also served as a trustee of University Hospitals and University Hospitals Health System, and was a past president of the Case Western Reserve School of Medicine’s Alumni Association. In 2008, in recognition of his four decades of contributions to medical education and the improvement of regional health care, the Hermann Menges, Jr. Professorship in Internal Medicine was established at at Case Western Reserve.
Active in the community as chairman of the health services division of the United Way of Greater Cleveland, and also in his church, Plymouth of Shaker Heights, as a deacon, Bud Menges was in addition a devoted and generously supportive Hamilton alumnus and a onetime president of the Northern Ohio Alumni Association. Throughout his professional career he retained his interest in sports, including hunting, fishing, and skiing, as well as golf. He especially enjoyed duck hunting in the marshes and pheasant hunting in the fields with the family’s Labradors. Another of his leisure-time pleasures was playing the banjo.
Dr. Menges, who retired from private practice in 2005, is remembered by his patients not only for his astute medical judgment but also for his warmth and compassion. As a primary care physician, he was infinitely kind and caring, and exemplified the medical profession at its admirable best.
Hermann Menges, Jr. died on August 26, 2010, at the Mayo Clinic, after a brief illness. In addition to his wife of 52 years, he is survived by a daughter, Katherine Menges; four sons, William C., Peter W. ’85, David H., and John L. Menges; and 10 grandchildren, including Andrew W. Menges ’12, son of Peter and Elizabeth Finegan Menges ’84. Also suviving are his brother Carl, his sister, Helen McCrea, and nephews John McCrea IV ’79 and Samuel G. Menges ’00.
Return to Top
David Aldrich Nelson, Valedictorian ’54, a distinguished jurist and a former trustee of the College, was born on August 14, 1932, in Watertown, NY. The son of Carlton L. Nelson, a department store executive, and the former Irene D. Aldrich, a social worker, he grew up in East Aurora, NY, where he was active in the Boy Scouts and in dramatics at East Aurora High School. President of its student council in his senior year, he entered Hamilton following his graduation in 1950.
On the Hill, “Dave” Nelson became a member of the Emerson Literary Society and later president of the International Relations Club and the Outing Club, as well as vice president of the Interfraternity Council. Also active in debate, he captured the prestigious Clark Prize and gained election to the honorary forensic society Delta Sigma Rho. In addition, he excelled scholastically, won many prizes and scholarships, and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa in his junior year. He was graduated with high honors, including honors in English literature, public speaking, and political science, in 1954.
Having received a Fulbright Scholarship for study at Cambridge University in England, Dave Nelson read law at Peterhouse College, in which he took First Class Honors. He also rowed for the Peterhouse boat club and was a member of the Cambridge Union. While at Cambridge, he met Mary Ellen Dickson, a Fulbright Scholar from Vassar College, who became his wife. They were married on August 25, 1956, in her hometown of Minneapolis, MN.
By that time, Dave Nelson had enrolled at Harvard Law School, from which he received his LL.B. degree cum laude in 1958. Upon graduation he became associated with the law firm of Squire, Sanders & Dempsey in Cleveland, OH. The association, with two interruptions for government service, would continue for 27 years.
In 1959, David Nelson was commissioned as a second lieutenant in the U.S. Air Force and began a three-year tour of active duty in the Office of the General Counsel of the Air Force at the Pentagon. He would remain in the Air Force Reserve until 1969, ultimately attaining the rank of major.
Following his return to Squire, Sanders & Dempsey in 1962, David Nelson engaged primarily in commercial litigation and corporate trial work. Named a general partner in the firm in 1967, he left it for the second time in 1969 to accept a presidential appointment during the Nixon administration as general counsel of the Post Office Department under Postmaster General Winton M. Blount. During his three years with the Department he played a key role in preparing for the postal reform legislation that led to the Postal Reorganization Act of 1970 and the resulting transition into the independently governed U.S. Postal Service that exists today. For his work he received the Department’s Benjamin Franklin Award. He was senior assistant postmaster general and general counsel to the new Postal Service when he left Washington and again returned to his law firm in 1972.
In 1985, David Nelson left the firm in Cleveland and relocated to Cincinnati when the U.S. Senate confirmed his appointment by President Ronald Reagan as a judge of the Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Based in Cincinnati, the Court adjudicates appeals from federal courts in four states, Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, and Tennessee. Judge Nelson remained an active member of the Court for 21 years. Although he took senior status, thus lightening his case load, in 1999, he continued to participate in the Court’s work until 2006, when he closed his chambers because of gradually deteriorating health.
During his years on the bench, David Nelson gained the high regard of his colleagues, such as Chief Judge Alice Batchelder, who described him as “a brilliant and temperate judge; a man of unquestioned and unquestionable integrity; a colleague always willing to share his insight and experience; and a truly good man.” And in the words of his successor on the Court, Judge Jeffrey Sutton, “Dave Nelson set the gold standard on our court for fair-minded judging, masterful opinion writing, and ever-warm collegiality.” He added that, “Lawyers and judges will be reading and admiring Judge Nelson’s opinions, with their flashes of bracing wit, for years to come.”
David Nelson, a member for two terms of the criminal law committee of the Judicial Conference of the United States, also served his alma mater faithfully and generously, including a term as an alumni trustee from 1984 to 1988. At the time of his death he was a director of the Alexander Hamilton Institute for the Study of Western Civilization, located in Clinton, which had established a lecture series on constitutional jurisprudence in his name and honor.
The Hon. David A. Nelson, afflicted with heart and lung disease in recent years, died on October 1, 2010, at his home in Indian Hill, outside of Cincinnati. In addition to his wife and devoted partner of 54 years, he is survived by two sons, Frederick D., Valedictorian ’80, and Caleb E. Nelson; a daughter, Claudia B. Nelson; and five grandchildren and a sister.
Return to Top
A longtime industrial sales representative, was born on June 10, 1933, in North Adams, MA. The elder son of Walter S., a manufacturing agent, and Felicie Strickland Crosier, he was a grandson of John L. Strickland ’04, a trustee of the College, and nephew of John L. Strickland, Jr. ’30. “Walt” Crosier prepared for college at New Hampton School in New Hampshire and entered Hamilton from Grafton, MA, in 1951. He joined Alpha Delta Chi and, with “an imposing, gregarious presence, he became active on several fronts,” in the words of The Hamiltonian. Class vice president in his junior year, he also lettered in football as a 225-pound tackle for the Continental team. A member of Nous Onze, he was aided by “strong suggestions” from Dean Winton Tolles in attaining his diploma in 1955.
Walt Crosier immediately went to work as a sales representative for the Carborundum Co. in Niagara Fall, NY. Except for the two years with the U.S. Army Signal Corps (1956-58), he remained with the abrasives manufacturing company for most of his working life. During the 1960s he was engaged in sales for Carborundum in Huntington, WV, only to return to the Buffalo area in 1967 to become its manager of sales training. In 1970, he moved permanently to California as a systems specialist with Carborundum’s Western zone. He settled in San Jose and continued to work in sales in Northern California and particularly the Bay Area. He concluded his career as a self-employed manufacturer’s representative.
Walter S. Crosier, who had been plagued with much illness in recent years, was still residing in San Jose when he died on August 25, 2010. Married on July 16, 1960, to May Elizabeth “Betty” Girdler in Huntington, WV, he had joyfully celebrated his 50th wedding anniversary with all his family present just days before his death. In addition to his wife, he is survived by three sons, Walter J., David L., and Peter R. Crosier, and four grandchildren as well as his brother, John D. Crosier ’59. A man with “an amazing capacity to love,” Walt Crosier also leaves behind innumerable friends, including many Hamiltonians. In the words of his classmate and fellow Alpha Delt Comer Coppie, Walt was “genuine, with a winning personality who had a lot of friends and no enemies.”
Back to Top
Michael Gordon Sundell ’56, professor of humanities emeritus at the Cooper Union for the Advancement of Arts and Sciences, and former president of the famed artists’ retreat Yaddo, was born in Brooklyn, NY, on April 1, 1934. The son of Sidney M., a sales and advertising manager, and Rosalind Gordon Sundell, he attended Forest Hills High School in New York City until 1950, when his family moved to Montreal, Canada. He entered Hamilton in 1952 from Westmount High School in Quebec and joined Theta Delta Chi. While on the Hill, Mike Sundell took a prominent role in putting out student publications, becoming editor of The Continental, features editor of The Spectator, and associate editor of The Hamiltonian. He served on the Publications Board and gained election to the journalism honorary Pi Delta Epsilon. In addition, he was actively engaged with the Charlatans, serving as the theatrical troupe’s business manager and directing some of its productions, including Euripides’ Medea. He excelled academically as well, and was the recipient of the Fayerweather and Ristine prize scholarships. Hailed as “writer, director, and critic” and called captain of the campus “martini literati” by The Hamiltonian, he was graduated Phi Beta Kappa and with high honors, including honors in English literature and French, in 1956.
After a year of pursuing French studies at the University of Montpellier on a Fulbright grant for study abroad, Mike Sundell began graduate work in English at Yale University. On May 28, 1959, the year after acquiring his A. M. degree, he was married in New York City to Nina Castelli, daughter of the prominent art dealer Leo Castelli and herself later an art curator and writer. Mike had met her in Paris during his Fulbright year in France. While continuing in the Ph. D. program at Yale, Mike Sundell returned to College Hill in 1961 as an instructor in English. After earning his doctorate a year later, he joined the faculty of New York’s Queens College, where he was promoted to assistant professor.
In 1968, the Sundells relocated to Cleveland, OH, where Mike was appointed assistant professor at Case Western Reserve University. He was an associate professor in 1973 when he left to chair the Department of English as a full professor at George Mason University in Virginia. While at George Mason, he supervised the important undertaking of preserving and indexing the archives of the Federal Theater Project of the New Deal era’s Works Progress Administration, on deposit at the Library of Congress.
When Professor Sundell was named dean of humanities and social sciences at Cooper Union in 1981, he and Nina returned to New York City. While engaged in academic administration as dean until 1990, Mike continued with his scholarly studies. Specializing in Victorian literature and art as well as contemporary American art, he was the author of Twentieth Century Interpretations of Vanity Fair (1969) and Berenice Abbott: Documentary Photographs of the 1930s (1980), among other works.
In 1992, Professor Sundell retired from Cooper Union to accept appointment as president of Yaddo, the artists’ community near Saratoga Springs, NY. There, for eight fruitful years, he provided the inspired leadership in supporting and nurturing the creative processes among its visiting artists. Founded in 1926 as a haven of solitude to promote creativity among writers, visual artists, and composers, Yaddo had become known for its distinguished guests, among them James Baldwin, Saul Bellow, Sylvia Plath, and Eudora Welty, as well as Leonard Bernstein, Aaron Copland, and Virgil Thomson. More than 1,500 artists visited Yaddo during Mike Sundell’s tenure, and all benefited from his profound understanding of Yaddo’s mission and the importance of assuring an atmosphere in which creativity could flourish. He took great pleasure in his work at Yaddo, and his enthusiasm took it in new directions and left it immeasurably strengthened.
Following his retirement from Yaddo in 2000, Mike Sundell oversaw the transfer of its valuable archives to the New York Public Library. He also continued to pursue his passion for art history, and in 2007, Mosaics in the Eternal City, the result of his research conducted as a visiting scholar at the American Academy in Rome, was published.
Michael G. Sundell was residing in New York City when he died on September 7, 2010. In addition to his wife of 51 years, he is survived by two daughters, Marianne and Margaret Sundell; a son, David Sundell; and three grandchildren and a sister.
Return to Top
A retired physician and surgeon, was born on December 10, 1936, to Eugene M., a superintendent with the DuPont chemical company, and Ruth Ann Hakanson, in Richmond, VA. He grew up in Martinsville, VA, near the North Carolina border, and was graduated from Martinsville High School. Influenced by his uncle, Charles K. Bogoshian ’28, a physician, he applied to Hamilton for premedical studies. Highly personable and with a solid academic record, he was readily accepted for admission in 1955.
Carl Hakanson joined Delta Kappa Epsilon and, with the charm of “a southern gentleman,” quickly impressed fellow students and faculty members alike. Described by The Hamiltonian as one of a rare species, “a versatile pre-med,” he played varsity golf and football, and was a member of the now fabled ’59 football team, the only Hamilton team to remain undefeated. He also took an active role in student government, serving as president of the DKE house and on the Honor Court, the Judiciary Committee, and the Student Senate. A convivial member of Nous Onze who also excelled academically, he captured the Holbrook Prize in Biology and was graduated in 1959 with honors, including department honors in biology.
Married in June of that year to Ellen MacDowall, Carl Hakanson went on to enroll at Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons, where he acquired his M.D. degree in 1963. He returned to his native state to serve his internship and residency at the University of Virginia Medical Center in Charlottesville. He stayed on there to earn a master’s degree in general surgery in 1965. Called into military service with the U.S. Army Medical Corps during the Vietnam conflict, he was stationed at the 24th Evacuation Hospital in Long Binh (1970-71). He attained the rank of major and, for his service in Vietnam, was awarded the Bronze Star.
In 1971, Dr. Hakanson joined a surgical group in Tampa, FL, and became an associate clinical professor of surgery at the University of South Florida. He also became an attending physician at Tampa General Hospital and James A. Haley Veterans Administration Hospital. He served as chief of surgery and chief of staff at Tampa General as well as University Community Hospital, where he was also for a time vice president of medical affairs. Influential in the establishment of the burn center at Tampa General, Dr. Hakanson was not only a gifted practitioner and a successful medical administrator, but above all a dedicated teacher who derived great satisfaction from helping to prepare young medical students for their future careers. A fellow of the American College of Surgeons, he retired in 1995. After three years of extensive travel along the nation’s highways and byways, he and Ellen settled down in his native Virginia for eight years, where he continued to enjoy golf as well as reading works of history. Most recently he and Ellen had again taken up residence in Tampa.
Carl M. Hakanson died on May 3, 2010, at his home in Tampa. In addition to his wife of 51 years, he is survived by two daughters and a son, Susan, Mary Beth, and Jeffrey Hakanson. Also surviving are six grand-children and a sister.
Back to Top