Highlights of February’s coverage have been compiled by the Media Relations Office. Links are provided, but some may require subscriptions to access content. Please contact Senior Director of Media Relations Vige Barrie if you cannot open the link and do not have a subscription.
- “Why colleges should take a chance on prisoners like me” – The Chronicle of Higher Education, Feb. 5
The writer praised Professor of Literature and Creative Writing Doran Larson’s creative writing workshops in Attica Prison.
- “How much control do presidents really have over the economy?” – American Public Media’s Marketplace, Feb. 5
Professor of Economics Ann Owen addressed how much control a president has over the economy.
- “The Absurd Logic of Internet Recipe Hacks” – The Atlantic, Feb. 5
Assistant Professor of Philosophy Alex Plakias ’02 discussed what may draw viewers to certain online videos. “Minimally counterintuitive concepts are maximally memorable,” she explained.
- “Michael Rakowitz’s Recreations of Art Taken From Iraq” – Hyperallegic, Feb. 12
Announcing the debut of a film focused on artist Michael Rakowitz, this article discussed how the film “goes behind the scenes of projects like Nimrud at the Wellin Museum at Hamilton.”
- “U.S.-Irish college ties open doors to top careers and research roles” – The Irish Examiner,
This article featured Katie Guzzetta ’18, a Ph.D. student in the department of anatomy and neuroscience and the APC Microbiome Ireland within University College Cork.
- “Time for Anti-Racism” – Diverse Issues in Higher Ed, Feb. 18
Professor of Classics Shelley Haley, president of the Society for Classical Studies, was included in this article about an anti-racism workshop co-hosted by the society.
- “They Come Back as Ghosts to Haunt Western Museums – Artnet” – Feb. 18
This article announced the debut of a short film on the work of Michael Rakowitz, including commissioned work by the artist now on view at the Wellin Museum.
- “College Financial Grades 2021: Will Your Alma Mater Survive Covid?” – Forbes, Feb. 22 Hamilton was given an A+.
- “A Personalized Campus Tour… From Home” – Inside Higher Ed, Feb. 22
This article featured the Admission Office’s Tours from Your Sofa.
- “How to Find Admission Statistics for Colleges” – U.S. News & World Report, Feb. 25
Vice President of Enrollment Management Monica Inzer explained.