Supervisor Time Entry Approval Instructions
To approve or reject time in WebAdvisor, follow the steps below:
- Go to WebAdvisor - https://webadvisor.hamilton.edu
- Click Login
- Type User ID and Password (same as your windows User ID and Password)
- Click on Employees
- Click on Time Approval (for supervisors):
- Review the Total Hours for each employee.
- If the Review Entry box is not already checked, check the box that applies to the employee and pay period. You can select multiple employees at once.
- Click Submit.
NOTE: If you check Approve and Submit from this screen, the time card will be submitted to Payroll without reviewing the time entered by day including regular, vacation, sick, overtime, etc.
- Approving Time Card:
- Review the time entered.
- Verify “Employee has electronically signed the time entry as complete” is checked Yes.
- Click on the Supervisor Decision drop down box at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose Approve.
- The approved time card will be automatically sent to the Payroll Office for processing.
- The employee will receive an email when the time card is approved.
- Rejecting Time Card:
- If you have found a problem in reviewing the time card, click on the Supervisor Decision drop down box.
- Choose Reject.
- Enter a comment as to the reason you are rejecting the time card. This is required. The employee will receive an email explaining the reason why their time card was rejected.
- The employee will need to login, correct their time, check the electronic signature box, and re-submit to their supervisor as soon as possible.
- Once the time card is re-submitted, follow the Approving Time Card instructions above.
- Unapproved Time Cards:
- Employee time cards will not be processed or paid without supervisor approval.
Please contact the Payroll Office at x4316 if you have any questions or are experiencing difficulties.