The Art of Spiritual Inquiry
Facilitated by College Chaplain Jeff McArn and the Senior Chapel Fellow. Hope you will consider joining us one of these semesters...
Syllabus Spring 2021
- 1. Poetry of Rumi (13th c. Sufi poet) & Kabir (15th c. Indian Bhakti poet)
2. Psalms, Hebrew Bible
3. Gospel Parables, New Testament
4. Bhagavad Gita, Hindu Scripture
6. Buddhist Scriptures
7. Medieval Mysticism
8. American Indian Spirituality
9. Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel
10. Thich Nhat Hahn, Buddhist Monk
11. C.S. Lewis, Oxford Classicist/ Christian spirituality
12. Eboo Patel, American Muslim & Interfaith Pioneer
- Topics frequently discussed:
- • What happens when we die?
• What is a vocational calling?
• Why don’t we use the word “sin” anymore?
• How does one go about being of service to another?
• What is love?
• Is there a place for repentance in contemporary American culture?
Through poetry, sacred text, TED talks, op-eds, and other sources, students lead discussions on various topics of interest in contemporary campus culture and contemporary society.