Official College Individual or Group: any Hamilton student, faculty, staff, department, division, program, student group and/or program officially recognized by the College requesting a facility for an institutional function. College Individuals or Groups should log in to 25Live to request facilities for their events.
College Facility Rentals
Scheduling space on campus
During the academic year, all campus facilities are reserved for the primary use and enjoyment of students, faculty, and staff for institutional activities that support the mission and goals of the College. When College facilities are not in use for academic/departmental purposes, Official College Individuals or Groups may use College facilities for events that engage Hamilton College and local communities. When the College is not in session, external groups may rent facilities for non-institutional functions.
Sponsored Group: an external group sponsored by an Official College Individual or Group or whose events are directly coordinated and planned by an Official College Individual or Group. The sponsoring College Individual or Group must serve as the primary contact for planning and execution of the event, assume financial responsibility for all costs, and attest that the function is a worthy use of campus resources.
External Group: any group, organization, person or program not affiliated with the College, or an Official College Individual Group requesting facilities for an event that is not an institutional function. Alumni and employees planning personal events are considered External Groups. College facilities are not available to commercial organizations unless they are sponsored by an Official College Individual or Group, or unless they receive approval from the Director of College Events and the appropriate Vice President.
- Hamilton College reserves the right to revoke, cancel, or deny the use of facilities at any time and without prior notice.
- All external groups must complete a Facility Rental Request.
- All Sponsored and External Groups will be required to pay a rental fee and show proof of insurance. For insurance purposes, Hamilton College must be named as an additional insured.
- Long term use by external organizations (e.g., regularly scheduled rehearsals, meetings, practices, athletic contests) cannot be accommodated.
- College facilities are generally not available for use by external groups when the College is in session, and between Commencement and Reunions (late May through early June). Athletic facilities are only available to external groups during the summer (generally June 15 through August 1).
- External groups requesting facility use will only be approved on an emergency and/or temporary basis.
If you are interested in renting a College Facility, please review the full Third Party Use/College Facility Rental policy.