Role & Responsibilities
Role of a Mentor
- A knowledgeable guide for new students.
- A thoughtful facilitator who provides access to people and resources.
- A role model and advocate
Responsibilities of Mentor
- Participation in multiple training sessions with varied topics.
Mentor and Educator:
- Participate in social media interactions (Facebook) with new students during summer break.
- Maintain regular contact with new students.
- Work both independently and as part of a team with fellow Peer Mentors and Student Assistants.
- Attend and participate in all training sessions and meetings.
- Understand and abide by all Hamilton College policies.
- Serve as a positive academic and social role model.
- Educate new students about various resources and student services available at Hamilton.
- Maintain confidentiality with any shared information.
- Coordinate and facilitate social and educational programs as desired or needed.
- Complete formal program evaluations.
- Discuss any mentee concerns with the Student Assistants or Program Director.
- Participate in and complete all other duties as assigned.