Support Staff Job Opportunities
Multimedia Technician - Maintenance
Hamilton is one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. It is independent, highly selective, coeducational and residential. Originally founded in 1793 as the Hamilton-Oneida Academy, Hamilton is today composed of 1,850 diverse and talented students from nearly all of the 50 states and approximately 40 countries. More information can be found at www.hamilton.edu/about.
This temporary 3 year position that works from the 3rd week of August to the 2nd week of June. This Technician performs weekly system testing in all Technology Enhanced spaces on campus and works with the Multimedia Systems Technician II to keep these systems in top performance. Operates, maintains, distributes and supports multimedia equipment for the College Community. Troubleshoots multimedia equipment problems. Provides technical support when needed for College major Events. Works under minimal supervision.
Provides technical and troubleshooting support of College multimedia systems, including hardware and software.
- Performs weekly system testing in all Technology Enhanced spaces on campus and works with the Multimedia Systems Technician II to keep these systems in top performance.
- Provides technical expertise in TE classrooms and podium systems. This includes computer, audio, video and control systems.
- Provides timely resolution of problems and/or repair of multimedia equipment in campus learning spaces.
- Maintains technical understanding of computers and related instructional technology equipment as well as traditional audiovisual equipment
Participates in daily classroom technology support
- Sets up and delivers media/equipment for academic/administrative multimedia presentations as needed.
- Maintains various equipment inventories and service logs.
- Responds to classroom emergency help calls.
- Investigates technology emergencies and reports to Multimedia System Technicians with detailed information about the malfunction.
Campus event support (e.g., Commencement, Reunions, special weekends)
- Sets-up and operates large event multimedia systems.
- Provides technical support for multimedia needs after normal work hours and on weekends for special events.
- Provides courteous, accurate and timely support to assist speakers with their presentation needs
- Normal hours during the academic year are 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday. Work hours can be shifted if required in order to perform maintenance in TE spaces that are busy during the day. This is a .8 position and works from the 3rd week of August to the 2nd week of June.
- Participates as part of a team, understanding the various work styles of others, and their roles on the team. Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to the goals and objectives of the team. Seeks help from or offers guidance to other team members.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed to support College and departmental objectives.
- Requires a minimum Associates Degree in a related field or a combination of education and 2-3 years’ experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and technical skill with traditional and computer-based instructional technology equipment and computer software (projection systems; video and audio recording, video conferencing, editing and duplication systems; large and small public address systems).
- The ability to successfully manage multiple priorities.
- Technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills. Analytical and problem solving skills to quickly assess a system problem and correct it.
- Above average customer service skills as well as verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to communicate technical information (both written and verbally) to technical and non-technical people in a supportive and meaningful way.
- Must embrace learning and working with a constantly changing technology.
- Work collaboratively within the team, the department, and across the college.
Please review Hamilton's Benefits Summary for more information.
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.Posted 07/11/2014