Support Staff Job Opportunities
Office Coordinator, Student Health Services
Hamilton is one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. It is independent, highly selective, coeducational and residential. Originally founded in 1793 as the Hamilton-Oneida Academy, Hamilton is today composed of 1,850 diverse and talented students from nearly all of the 50 states and approximately 40 countries. More information can be found at www.hamilton.edu/about.
Works independently to support the medical staff in the Health Center and provides a broad range of medical office services including answering phones, making appointments, word processing, record keeping, handling insurance matters and information requests from alumni.
- Develop programs to assess staff performance and design and administer patient satisfaction surveys.
- Hold staff development sessions to review results and to implement strategies to improve quality and delivery of care.
- Maintains student Health Center charts and records for current and incoming students. Responsible for scanning old charts into electronic health record.
- Maintains knowledge of HIPPA regulations and develops HIPPA notice for patients. Ensures maintenance of HIPPA compliance in the health center
- Oversees personnel performance and certification. Maintain records of staff CME, licensure, infection control, ACLS/BLS certification and inform staff when due for recertification.
- Visit NYSDED website monthly for regulatory or practice improvement requirements
- Ensures CLIA compliance. Communicate with outside lab regarding billing, services or delivery questions and concerns
- Maintain familiarity with EMR system and assist as necessary with receiving patients for check in and discharge. Handles confidential and sensitive student information.
- Makes referral appointments for patients. Collaborate with local providers to coordinate acceptance of student health insurance plan.
- When necessary, arranges transportation to doctor’s offices and hospitals via taxi and arranges x-ray and laboratory services. Verifies accuracy of monthly taxi invoice, signs and submits to Business Office for payment.
- Performs monthly review of medication log to ensure all medications either picked up or returned, and that proper notification given regarding medication receipt and dispensation.
- Responds to administrative inquiries or complaints about Health Center Services, insurance coverage, record requests etc. from students, parents (prospective and current), and from off campus medical personnel. Adheres to HIPPA guidelines when discussing or releasing information.
- Responds to alumni requests of health records for graduate school, insurance, personal and employment purposes. Also responsible for compiling any record for legal cases. Will observe HIPPA privacy policies when conducting these activities.
- Directs students to appropriate insurance vendor for claims questions. Supplies itemized bills/receipts to students upon request for submission to insurance carriers.
- Schedules vaccinations for students who have been identified by the registered nurse as non compliant with immunizations. Works with Registrar at Registration to clear students for class attendance based on compliant/non-compliant list.
- Maintains clinic statistics and generates reports as required.
- Prepares and edits confidential medical correspondence and all other typing (protocols, policies,practice agreements, medical forms). Sort information, print lists using database. Ensure maintainance of office supplies and any office equipment. Track status of work orders..
- May occasionally perform other related duties that will be discussed in advance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and minimum one year managerial experience preferably in a medical setting with health insurance knowledge.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing,organize information and prioritize tasks. Must exercise a high degree of confidentiality and discretion. Ability to work in a faced-paced environment, and learn details of a variety of programs/services. Excellent organization skills and proficiency with a personal computer including word processing skills, database management and knowledge of medical terminology.
Please review Hamilton's Benefits Summary for more information.
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.Posted 08/12/2014