Maintenance Job Opportunities
Hamilton is one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. It is independent, highly selective, coeducational and residential. Originally founded in 1793 as the Hamilton-Oneida Academy, Hamilton is today composed of 1,850 diverse and talented students from nearly all of the 50 states and approximately 40 countries. More information can be found at www.hamilton.edu/about.
- Works as directed by the Custodian Foreman and/or Manager, Custodial Services.
- Maintains assigned area in a clean and safe condition by performing such duties as dusting, waxing, vacuuming, polishing, washing windows, washing walls and woodwork, cleaning bathrooms, shampooing carpets, and removing trash and recyclables. Also maintains cleaning supplies.
- Operates machinery necessary to perform job including vacuum cleaners, buffing machines, scrubbers, water pick-ups, upholstery cleaners, carpet shampooers, extractors, Tenant floor machine, etc.
- Performs additional functions such as keeping building entrances and walkways free of ice, snow and other debris, changing light bulbs, moving furniture, reporting building damage and malfunctions to the Work Control Secretary, etc.
- Sets-up and breaks down campus catered functions and special events including in-house stage flats, podiums, tables, chairs, partitions, coat racks, etc.
- May perform other related duties.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Previous related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of standard custodial working procedures.
- Ability to work overtime, as required.
Work hours are from 6:00am to 2:30pm, five days a week; regular work schedule will initially include weekends. This is a full-time position with benefits, starting rate of pay is $12.88/hour.
Please review Hamilton's Benefits Summary for more information.
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.Posted 04/14/2014