Administrative Job Opportunities
Hamilton is one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. It is independent, highly selective, coeducational and residential. Originally founded in 1793 as the Hamilton-Oneida Academy, Hamilton is today composed of 1,850 diverse and talented students from nearly all of the 50 states and approximately 40 countries. More information can be found at www.hamilton.edu/about.
As a member of the Central Information Services team, the programmer/analyst supports, maintains and programs our enterprise information systems to achieve institutional efficiencies and strategic advantage. The programmer/analyst works with faculty and staff to analyze needs and develop solutions to meet those needs.
- Programs applications and interfaces in UniBasic and Envision using Colleague Studio and other development tools.
- Analyzes needs and designs and implements new processes and workflows that promote efficiency and strategic advantage in College operations and provide support for existing processes and workflows.
- Works with College personnel and vendors to design, implement and maintain interfaces to third party software products for on campus and hosted systems.
- Provides phone, email, and in person support for all Colleague applications including WedAdvisor and User Interface as well as the Informer web reporting tool.
- Participates as an active member of the Central Information Services Committee that serves to share information and promote best practices within the administrative offices of the College.
- Generates documentation of workflow, procedures, and software.
- Provides training for College personnel in the use of Colleague software, application processes, User Interface, and the Informer web reporting tool.
- Completes technical and institutional training to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
- Participates as part of a team, understanding the various work styles of others, and their roles on the team. Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to the goals and objectives of the team. Seeks help from and offers guidance to other team members.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 2 years of experience performing similar duties. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong programming ability combined with thorough understanding of good database design principles
- Ability to develop expertise in UniBasic, Envision, UniQuery, Colleague Studio, and general UNIX level commands.
- Ability to work with the UniData database and relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL, and Oracle)
- The ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
- Excellent customer service skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Should be able to communicate technical information (both written and verbally) to technical and non-technical people in a supportive and meaningful way
- Must embrace learning and working with constantly changing technology
- Work collaboratively within our team, the department, and across the College
- Experience supporting a large administrative system (ERP) in an academic setting is desirable
Please review Hamilton's Benefits Summary for more information.
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.Posted 01/11/2013