Support Staff Job Opportunities
Office Assistant, Wellin Museum of Art
Hamilton is one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. It is independent, highly selective, coeducational and residential. Originally founded in 1793 as the Hamilton-Oneida Academy, Hamilton is today composed of 1,850 diverse and talented students from nearly all of the 50 states and approximately 40 countries. More information can be found at www.hamilton.edu/about.
Reports to the Director of the Ruth and Elmer Wellin Museum of Art and provides a broad range of administrative, financial tracking, and secretarial support to the Wellin Museum of Art’s staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Provides a broad range of secretarial support to the museum staff including:
- Responds to both internal and external general inquiries
- Answers phone calls and emails and screens calls as appropriate
- Provides visitor support
- Ensures office supplies are maintained and office equipment is working properly
- Sorts and delivers mail to appropriate staff members
- Maintains the general mailing list
- Gathers data and materials for special projects and meetings
- Maintains an exhibition archives
- Makes travel arrangements for staff and special speakers/lecturers/artists.
- Assists with the museum budget by tracking expenditures and executing payments.
- Maintains a financial recordkeeping system.
- Coordinates reservations for museum spaces and assists museum staff in reserving spaces on campus.
- Assists with maintaining the museum website content.
- Assists the Director with a variety of special projects, as needed.
- Performs other as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required
- Background in art or related field and experience working in higher education preferred
- Prior museum/gallery experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word/Excel/PowerPoint, and Filemaker Pro or equivalent database software.
- Experience working with both Macintosh and Windows platforms preferred
Please review Hamilton's Benefits Summary for more information.
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.Posted 06/17/2014