Administrative Job Opportunities
Assistant Director for Business Operations
Hamilton is one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. It is independent, highly selective, coeducational and residential. Originally founded in 1793 as the Hamilton-Oneida Academy, Hamilton is today composed of 1,850 diverse and talented students from nearly all of the 50 states and approximately 40 countries. More information can be found at www.hamilton.edu/about.
To lead, plan, organize, direct and review administrative and user support functions which may include, but are not limited, to the following: Work Control support and scheduling including oversight and management of the work order control system; finance, budget analysis, billing and revenue collection; Stockroom and inventory management including purchasing of Plant and/or College supplies and parts; Auto Shop, management and support including College van scheduling, equipment and vehicle inventory management and purchasing; management of administrative systems including computer systems, electronic files, building files and drawings, leases, easements and property files; Plant liaison with Human Resources including record management for employee files, Labor-Management meeting notes and Safety meeting notes; and maintenance of all regulatory records. Provide a strong emphasis on delivering these support services with excellent customer service leadership. This position reports to the Associate Vice President, Facilities and Planning.
Provide leadership to the Business Operations Branch of Physical Plant.
- Auto Shop
- Work Control and Administrative Services
- Focus on staff development.
- Supervise the administration of the work order system; Plant computer systems; building, personnel, regulatory and historical records; and provide general administrative support to others in Physical Plant.
- Work with other Assistant Directors to increase the level of support provided by the Business Operations Branch and Physical Plant.
- Assist with procurement of utility commodities for the College
- Provide a strong emphasis on excellent customer service and leadership.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with others in Physical Plant and the College Community.
- Provide managerial support of all Plant financial operations in concert with other members of Physical Plant.
- Provide leadership and direction to support the administrative functions of Physical Plant.
Bachelor's degree with three to five years of experience in facilities, auxiliary support services, management and/or finance. Three years in a supervisory role. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate ability to manage staff, to establish and maintain effective working relationship to diverse constituencies and accomplish written and oral directions as necessary.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to analyze and optimize operational systems to improve upon their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office products.
- Must have enthusiasm for the job, a customer service approach and be willing to work within a team environment.
Please review Hamilton's Benefits Summary for more information.
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.Posted 06/04/2013