Support Staff Job Opportunities
Hamilton is one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. It is independent, highly selective, coeducational and residential. Originally founded in 1793 as the Hamilton-Oneida Academy, Hamilton is today composed of 1,850 diverse and talented students from nearly all of the 50 states and approximately 40 countries. More information can be found at www.hamilton.edu/about.
The nurse will assess health and illness needs of students eligible to receive Student Health Service care. The nurse will assess, triage, and initiate nursing interventions or refer to appropriate increased level of care as indicated.
- Triage of both phone calls and walk ins, using established clinical guidelines. Annually review health protocols with Medical Director
- Obtain medical history, vitals and perform nursing assessment during “sick visits” and determine need for referral to provider and communicate findings to provider
- Administer medications, vaccines, and perform therapeutic or diagnostic procedures according to established protocols and orders, including, but not limited to: nebulizer treatments, ear irrigation, performing EKG’s, suture removal, wound dressing changes, and assisting in minor office procedures such as laceration repair or mole excision
- Perform laboratory procedures including point of care testing in accordance with protocols and appropriate orders for urine tests, strep and mono testing, blood draws and assist providers in collecting other specimens as needed.
- Work with various pieces of laboratory, office, and clinical equipment (opthalmoscope, otoscope, BP cuff, etc).
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation on all patient encounters.
- Participate in internal and external quality assurance activities designed to evaluate and improve the Student Health Center.
- Communicate with parents and other interested parties with tact and diplomacy in according with HIPPA and FERPA privacy policies.
Education and Experience:
Graduate of accredited school of nursing with a degree of registered nurse. Hold a current valid license to practice in the State of NY. CPR certification required (BLS, ACLS preferred). College health certification or experience in college health preferred.
Minimum three years of experience as an RN. Demonstrated assessment and decision making skills. Supervisory and college health or ambulatory primary care experience is preferred.
Please review Hamilton's Benefits Summary for more information.
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.Posted 04/07/2014