Support Staff Job Opportunities
Museum Security Administrator
Hamilton is one of the nation's top liberal arts colleges. It is independent, highly selective, coeducational and residential. Originally founded in 1793 as the Hamilton-Oneida Academy, Hamilton is today composed of 1,850 diverse and talented students from nearly all of the 50 states and approximately 40 countries. More information can be found at www.hamilton.edu/about.
The Museum Security Administrator is a permanent part-time, hourly, non-benefited position within the Ruth and Elmer Wellin Museum of Art. The Museum Security Administrator is responsible for the direction and management of the security program at the Museum under the supervision of the Wellin Museum Director and Associate Director.
- Responsible for recruiting, scheduling and maintaining a pool of qualified security officers who are approved by the Director or Associate Director.
- Responsible for completing introductory training, on-going training, and certifications for all museum security personnel, and for maintaining officer training records.
- Responsible for managing confidential and sensitive information regarding a broad range of security-related information topics, including detailed incident reports and investigation documentation, and acts as a communication liaison to the Hamilton College Department of Campus Safety and local fire and police departments.
- Develops and updates the Museum’s security and disaster policies and protocols, and is responsible for their implementation.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the museum security systems, troubleshooting system problems with outside contractors, Physical Plant and the Building Manager, and initiating necessary upgrades.
- Assists with scheduling and providing building access for classes utilizing the museum, outside contractors and vendors, and maintains escorts in restricted areas for all non-museum employees.
- Must be available during non-business hours and for emergency on-call purposes to meet department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Please see complete Job Description
Associate’s degree from an accredited college/university, bachelors degree preferred. A minimum of two years experience training and scheduling staff, students and/or volunteers in a supervisory capacity. A minimum of one year full-time experience within a security program. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.Posted 10/14/2013