Creating Email Lists from the Hamilton College Directory
- Navigate to the Hamilton College Directory , choose Full Directory, and select whether you are interested in Students, Employees or the Entire Community.
- Type the text you wish to search on in the Enter search text field.
- When the list comes up, click on Export.
- Open the exported file in Excel.
- Look through the fields you have, and delete any "extra" entries.
- Create a column, such as Full Address to hold the email address that you will actually use when you email this group of people.
- Use the Excel concatenate function to merge the username with "@hamilton.edu" to create the full address. Here is an example: "=CONCATENATE(F2,"@hamilton.edu")
- Use Autofill to copy the function into all the cells in the column by dragging the small dot in the lower right of the cell through all the lower cells.
- Be sure to save this file before continuing.
- Next, copy the Full Address column, and paste it into the To: field of your HillConnect email message.
- Click on the Subject field to have HillConnect email automatically comma-separate the list.
Last updated: June 8, 2016