Embedding Video into a Web Page
Video can be easily added to web pages using SiteManager. Launch SiteManager by navigating to the desired server, e.g. courses.hamilton.edu, create a new page and click the Add Content to Main Content button, select the Video module, and then click the Add button.
Select the Add New Media tab, enter a title for your video and then browse to your video by using the Select Video button. After the video has been uploaded, click the Add a Video to Library button.
At the window asking "Would you like to insert this media file now?" select the "Yes, Insert Now" button. Select a size for your video and click the Insert Media button.
- To copy the link into Blackboard, use Edit > Copy to copy the url for the web page you created then navigate to the area of your course where you would like to place the link, and then click the Edit Mode switch to On in the upper right of the Blackboard window to display the toolbar.
- Click on the Build Content tool button and then select the URL option. Type a name for the video in the Name field.
- Click inside the URL field and select Edit > Paste to copy the link from your clipboard (or right-click).
- In section two, enter the text “This video requires the most recent version of the QuickTime
- player, available for free download from www.quicktime.com.”
- In section three, select Yes for the Open in new window option if you would like the video to be shown in a new window.
- Click on the Submit button to add your video to the page.
Be sure to test your video in Blackboard by clicking on its link in Display mode.
Last updated: August 25, 2017